+ Post New Thread
e-Safety Thread, Help needed to track down a useful video in School Administration; I saw a video at a conference over the summer that I would like to use as a "think about ...
    Thank Post

Help needed to track down a useful video

I saw a video at a conference over the summer that I would like to use as a "think about this" starter. But I didn't get the details at the time! Wondered if anyone had come across it: features a man walking around city streets going up to random strangers and asking them to be his friend, and asking shopkeepers if he can write on his wall. The aim being to show that you wouldn't do this is real life, so should you be doing it online.... I think the man was a celebrity, and possibly Jake Humphrey, the sports presenter, but my memory is probably rubbish. Tried Googling but search too vague to be of use. If anyone knows what it is.... Thanks.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh sounds good! Ive got another esafety session coming up!

Thank Post
    Me too!

Thank Post
    I've been looking for an amazing video I saw before youtube was big. It was of the Kobe 1995 earthquake. 30 minutes of unedited footage of a guy going around with his camcorder and in some parts he was on the back of a scooter filming. It was facinating and scary at the same time. No stupid comentary over the video. I think I saw it on google video. It started off with a Japanese presenter saying it had never been broadcast before. Anyone seen that video?

Thank Post

Found!

Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    I saw a video at a conference over the summer that I would like to use as a "think about this" starter. But I didn't get the details at the time! Wondered if anyone had come across it: features a man walking around city streets going up to random strangers and asking them to be his friend, and asking shopkeepers if he can write on his wall. The aim being to show that you wouldn't do this is real life, so should you be doing it online.... I think the man was a celebrity, and possibly Jake Humphrey, the sports presenter, but my memory is probably rubbish. Tried Googling but search too vague to be of use. If anyone knows what it is.... Thanks.
    Well I was definitely wrong about the presenter! Managed to track down the man who ran the seminar at the conference, and he very promptly replied with the YouTube URL for the video. However, we def didn't see all of it in the seminar. It turns out to be a trailer for an opera. I may need to think again for our younger audience...but I really like the first half or so. Anyway, it may be of use to someone out there.

Can I be your friend? - YouTube

6. Thanks to Andie from:

Little-Miss (17th January 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread