+ Post New Thread
e-Safety Thread, E Safe Systems in School Administration; Is anyone using, heard of or had a demo of the E-Safety Service provided by E-Safe Systems . The school ...
    Thank Post

E Safe Systems

Is anyone using, heard of or had a demo of the E-Safety Service provided by E-Safe Systems.

The school is interested in some safe guarding software and we recently had a trial of Securus which was good but not without it's flaws but that's just my opinion.

I've come across this and we have a demo scheduled next week and I'd very much appreciate any thoughts or experience anyone has from the service provided as it looks like it does something along the same lines as Securus tracking and monitoring for key word, phrases and threats but all the data is sent offsite to the guys at E Safe Systems who then go through the logs and report back the findings to the school on a daily basis.

Sounds good in theory assuming all data is sent encrypted and that their servers are reliable but also sounds expensive!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,776 Posts
    I've been studiously ignoring their emails. It's too expensive for us.

What features do you need from such a system?

3. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

Outlook (9th November 2011)

Thank Post
    We had the demo a few weeks ago; i liked the fact that they monitor it and then do reporting back to a senior member of staff. As you say though you are paying a premium for this service.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    I've been studiously ignoring their emails. It's too expensive for us.

What features do you need from such a system?
    Does that mean you know the cost of the system then? Couldn't find anything on the website regarding costs although I can't see anyone paying the list price if they are wanting to get a user base in local authorities throughout the UK.

We have the internet pretty well locked down and managed for student access so I guess we are looking for something to compliment this as we open up more of the internet to students, we are also wanting something to track offline and email based events to crack down on any inappropriate behaviour and bullying that maybe occurring plus the fact that the solution also locks down USB devices is plus point as well as the fact that all the administration is down by them rather than school staff but I imagine it all comes at a c

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,776 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryITGuy View Post
    Does that mean you know the cost of the system then? Couldn't find anything on the website regarding costs although I can't see anyone paying the list price if they are wanting to get a user base in local authorities throughout the UK.

We have the internet pretty well locked down and managed for student access so I guess we are looking for something to compliment this as we open up more of the internet to students, we are also wanting something to track offline and email based events to crack down on any inappropriate behaviour and bullying that maybe occurring plus the fact that the solution also locks down USB devices is plus point as well as the fact that all the administration is down by them rather than school staff but I imagine it all comes at a c
    I can't give you numbers... everything's too expensive for us.
    Have you looked at Impero?

7. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

russdev (9th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Securus does have its flaws, yes; I've had plenty of heated discussion with various people their end about features not working, bugs in the stupidest of places, poor communication; it does take time to go through the logs; but, having recently had long conversations with a DCI where evidence caught by the Securus box is likely to prove the smoking gun in a case of a particularly unpleasant nature... suddenly, I find myself forgiving it all its sins. All the hassle is worth it for justice to be done, even if only this one time.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryITGuy View Post

They base it per pupil and i think it was coming in at £10.

Thank Post
    We're just rolling it out here. Really nice company to work with - not sure about how well the product works yet as we're only just installing it, but I did like the fact that they spend some time with you testing it and then create you a custom MSI for your environment/proxy setup/deployment tool.

For us it was working out cheaper than Securus.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    We're just rolling it out here. Really nice company to work with - not sure about how well the product works yet as we're only just installing it, but I did like the fact that they spend some time with you testing it and then create you a custom MSI for your environment/proxy setup/deployment tool.

For us it was working out cheaper than Securus.
    I got the same vibe following our meeting seems like a really good company (although that could have just been good salesmanship from them!).

Product looks solid enough and seems to do the same things as Securus with the added benefit of monitoring USB devices. The fact that it will cost less than Securus and all the monitoring of alerts and events is done by them offsite is a really positive. We are going along with a trial of it in the next couple of weeks so I should be able to get a good idea of how well it works and how good the company really are to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    They base it per pupil and i think it was coming in at £10.
    How long ago were you given that price?

They must have price brackets for the number of students you have on site as our price was no where near as high as that!

Thank Post
    Birmingham use Policy Central from these guys:

Computer and Internet Monitoring Software - Forensic Software

It caused a lot of problems when we first started to use it but its got more stable and at the moment (touch wood) its seems to be working ok.

Keywords (typed or displayed on screen) = image capture
    Ability to block websites, disable internet access for specific users, set time restrictions for internet access, use whitelists for guest accounts etc...

But its a lot of work for the Head who has to check the captures, it needs to be a member of SMT thats responsible for checking incase it catches a member of staff doing something they shouldn't (not that they would).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread