+ Post New Thread
e-Safety Thread, Some sample AUPs for pupils in School Administration; Following on from the sample AUP for staff that I published last year on the wiki, I have now updated ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 761 Posts

Some sample AUPs for pupils

Following on from the sample AUP for staff that I published last year on the wiki, I have now updated this to include some sample wordings for use with pupils.

You can find them here: The Angry Technician's Sample AUP - Wiki

These samples are in use with our pupils and the wording was reviewed and approved by teachers of the various age groups. They are deliberately not overly prescriptive, and it is expected that they are used with direction and input from ICT/class teachers to help pupils understand them. We refer to them as an ICT Code of Conduct rather than an Acceptable Use Policy.

2. 5 Thanks to AngryTechnician:

box_l (26th May 2011), elsiegee40 (6th May 2011), GrumbleDook (26th May 2011), jdoyle (26th May 2011), OverWorked (16th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Thank you so much from the United States. This is very comprehensive and at the same time "readable and understandable."

In the teacher AUP, you mention a separate policy for teachers who supervise students on computers - "Supervising staff must ensure that they have read and understand the separate guidelines on e-safety. . . " Do you have a separate document for this and would you be willing to post that? I realize that some of the legislation in the UK in regard to that is not the same as in the USA. Thank you

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 761 Posts
    Our e-safety policy, which is what this refers to, is currently under review (the previous document is somewhat inadequate). Once it is done I will post a sample.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread