+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
e-Safety Thread, Pokens!!!! What do you think in School Administration; Look absolutely useless to me, everyone in the business world has a smartphone. the majority are blackberry's and iPhones - ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 826 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Look absolutely useless to me, everyone in the business world has a smartphone.

the majority are blackberry's and iPhones - Blackberrys have their PIN system, iPhones can use things like bump.

And, say for instance I meet person A, we touch pokens (hehehe) and walk off. 5 minutes later I realise I should have asked him this or that I then have to go find a computer before I can get his number and call him? WTH?

And, as previously mentioned, fairly useless until they become ubiquitous.

Thank Post
    I can't see the advantage atm when most smartphones can send the data across in a common format to any other smartphone.

Re safeguarding: This kind of thing would be used at conferences / events where you might (if you're running a stand) get hundreds or thousands of contacts. You want easy import of potential sales leads, not a lot of faffing about. Why should a business cripple the utility of a product (and subsequent sales) because kids might use them?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information