TotalMounter - A free virtual CD/DVD±RW writer for Windows
Homepage / Download / Forums (Official / Reboot.pro) / User Guide
TotalMounter is the only free software that allows users to burn data directly to an ISO file, rather than to an optical disc (such as CD or DVD). You can easily burn ISO files in any burning software of your choice, including Windows 7.
The virtual CD/DVD burner isn’t the only feature of TotalMounter. You can also use it to burn commonly used image files such as .iso, .cdi, .bin, .mds, .mdf, .img, .raw, .ccd, .nrg; mount virtual disk image files such as .vhd or .img and it can work as an iSCSI Initiator. Features
- Provides CD-RW and DVD+RW emulators that allow you to "write" data to a CD/DVD drive. You may also create ISO9660 files by using any CD/DVD burning software.
- Provides a CD/DVD-ROM emulator that mounts image files such as ISO, CDI, BIN, MDS, MDF, IMG, RAW, CCD, NRG in to a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- Provides a iSCSI Initiator for mounting iSCSI Targets.
- Mounts and create Image file disk's (img) and VHD files.
- AES 256-BIT virtual disk encryption.
- Provides Virtual Write technology, so that you can copy files into a read-only drive.
- Provides as many as 8 virtual drives.
- Provides simple and advanced management tools to manage virtual drives.
- Support for x86 and x64 machines.
- Fully conforms to the latest iSCSI Standard 1.0 (formerly Draft 20).
In the example shown below, I am using the Startup Repair Disc application in Windows 7 because this doesn't normally allow you to save the disc it creates directly to an ISO file.
* I have re-written some of the Engrish text above so that it makes sense.