Arposh New User Creation Tool for Active Directory
A PowerShell-based alternative to WiseSoft's Bulk AD Users tool.
Homepage / Download
One task that every systems administrator has to go through at some point is the creation of new user accounts. PowerShell makes this process simple and adds additional functionality. The included XML file allows you to set default entries for fields and pre-populate dropdown lists. The GUI takes the information that you type in for First Name and Last Name to auto-generate the Display Name, sAMAccountName and userPrincipalName (or you can change them manually). And because the GUI uses the Microsoft-provided ActiveDirectory module, there is no extra software to download or syntax to learn.
You also have the ability of bulk-adding users via CSV. To create users from a CSV, click on File > CSV Mode. You can then import the CSV and browse through the users in the CSV. Once the CSV is imported, you can create one user at a time or all at once. If you want a CSV template created for you, click on File > Create CSV Template.
- Allows user creation with oft-used Active Directory attributes
- Bulk creation of users from CSV
- Auto-generation of account attributes based on other attributes
- Display Name
- Default entries
- Phone Number (can use full number or company prefix '212-555-')
- Password (Accounts are set to change at first logon)
- Site (HQ, Branch Office 1, etc)
- Street Address
- Postal Code
- Pre-populated fields for easy selection
- Address information