DesktopInfo [Version: 0.9.0.521]
Perhaps this is intended to be a replacement for BGIfno. It doesn't do that job for me but I think that it might come in useful when troubleshooting.
This little application displays system information on your desktop in a similar way to some other desktop information tools. Unlike others, this application looks like wallpaper but stays resident in memory and continues to update the display in real time. Uses little memory and nearly zero cpu. Perfect for quick identification and walk-by monitoring of production or test server farms. Whatīs New in version 0.90:
- Refactored the chart display code to be more useful and added charts to more items. See the charts section for more information.
- Refactored form display code. Options have changed accordingly. Auto form width, auto font size and font color are gone. You should make sure every item has the colour set. See the options section for more information.
- Rewritten all the network adapter stuff. Added change handling. Added filtering. See the options section for more information.
- Prevent form from resetting itīs position after it is dragged.
- Rewrote the bar chart.
- Fixed problem with event log monitor thread not terminating correctly.
- Added the following items: printer, printerstatus, displaycontroller, bios, motherboard, workgroup. Printers is work in progress.
- Added language file.
- Added screen saver option.
- Added msnstatus option.
- Changed method for retrieving service pack.
Link: Glenn's Eclectic Freeware
All software on this page is written by Glenn Delahoy for the Windows platform and is free to download and use. None of these applications are crippled (not intentionally anyway), time limited, contain nags, ads, spyware or other such intrusions. All applications are in English only except where noted.
DesktopInfo Download: DesktopInfo