Samsung SSD Magician v4.0
Samsung recently updated their SSD Magician application so I thought I would post a link to it here. It is compatible with 470, 830 and 840 series SSDs and now supports GPT formatted drives on UEFI systems (the previous version didn't).
Since Windows 7 & 8 already know how to deal with SSDs, the only thing I use it for is to check the health of my SSDs and ensure I am running the latest firmware.
Improvements & Modifications
- Completely redesigned User Interface and User Experience.
- Simple, graphical indication of drive health status and Total Bytes Written.
- At-a-glance system configuration information, including SATA interface and AHCI support.
- Re-designed OS Optimization featuring three common user profiles and detailed explanations of each configuration option.
- SSD Authentication feature to verify your SSD is a genuine Samsung product (from 840 and 840 PRO Series).
- SSD will not be recognized if it is part of a RAID array
- Magician does not work with SSDs connected via the SCSI controller interface.
- Only MBR and GPT partition types are supported. Magician may not work with other partition types.
- Secure Erase is not supported for Windows 8 systems.
- 470 Series: MZ-5PA064 MZ-5PA128 MZ-5PA256
- 830 Series: MZ-7PC064 MZ-7PC128 MZ-7PC256 MZ-7PC512
- 840 Series: MZ-7TD120 MZ-7TD250 MZ-7TD500
- 840 PRO Series: MZ-7PD128 MZ-7PD256 MZ-7PD512