XBMC v12.0 "Frodo" Released
Their website seems to be a little slow at the moment. I wonder why? :)
Website / Download / Change Log
Everyone at Team XBMC is proud and excited to announce the long awaited XBMC 12 “Frodo.” Features for XBMC 12 include:
- HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD, via the new XBMC AudioEngine (OSX/iOS not yet available)
- Live TV and PVR support
- h.264 10bit (aka Hi10P) video software decoding for anime
- 64bit support in OSX to match the 64bit support in Linux
- Improved image support, allowing the database to accomodate numerous additional image types and more interesting and complex skins
- Support for the Raspberry PI
- Initial support for the Android platform
- Improved AirPlay support across all platforms, including AirPlay audio in XBMC for Windows to match the other platforms
- Improved controller support in Windows and Linux
- Advanced Filtering in the library
- Video library tags to complement movie sets
- Advanced UPnP sharing
- Default video languages now match the language being used by XBMC
- Translations now powered by Transifex
The next iteration of XBMC, the open source media player, is now available for download. XBMC version 12 (codenamed "Frodo") includes a slew of notable features like HD audio support, which lets it play video files with DTS-MA and Dolby Tru-HD audio, though this feature is not yet available for OS X and iOS devices. The update also features improved image support, support for Raspberry Pi, and 64-bit support in OS X.
Also included is what's referred to as "initial support" for XBMC on Android. XBMC will run fine on any compatible Android device, but because of their capable processors, devices like the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 will be able to playback more HD video content (video on Android is decoded in software without any hardware assistance). Android users will still have to side load the XBMC application onto their devices, as it's still not offered in the Google Play store. A helpful how-to is also available.
XBMC 12 "Frodo" also features improved AirPlay support across all available platforms, including XBMC for Windows, which can now receive AirPlay content from any compatible device.
More information about XBMC 12 "Frodo" and its updates can be found at the official download page. (Source