+ Post New Thread
Downloads Thread, Adobe Flash Player v11.3.300.257 and AIR v3.3.0.3650 now available in Links, Downloads and Scripts; Download via the links in your distribution request e-mail from Adobe, because the public downloads links shown below still point ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts

Adobe Flash Player v11.3.300.257 and AIR v3.3.0.3650 now available

Download via the links in your distribution request e-mail from Adobe, because the public downloads links shown below still point to the old version.

Today’s release of Flash Player 11.3 brings three important security improvements:

• Flash Player Protected Mode ("sandboxing") is now available for Firefox users on Windows.
    • For Mac users, this release will include the background updater for Mac OS X.
    • This release and all future Flash Player releases for Mac OS X will be signed with an Apple Developer ID, so that Flash Player can work with the new Gatekeeper technology for Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8).

Flash Player 11.3 brings the first production release of Flash Player Protected Mode for Firefox on Windows, which we first announced in February. This sandboxing technology is based on the same approach that is used within the Adobe Reader X Protected Mode sandbox. Flash Player Protected Mode for Firefox is another step in our efforts to raise the cost for attackers seeking to leverage a Flash Player bug in a working exploit that harms end-users. This approach has been very successful in protecting Adobe Reader X users, and we hope Flash Player Protected Mode will provide the same level of protection for Firefox users. For those interested in a more technical description of the sandbox, please see the blog post titled Inside Flash Player Protected Mode for Firefox authored by ASSET and the Flash Player team.

The background updater being delivered for Mac OS X uses the same design as the Flash Player updater on Windows. If the user chooses to accept background updates, then the Mac Launch Daemon will launch the background updater every hour to check for updates until it receives a response from the Adobe server. If the server responds that no update is available, the system will begin checking again 24 hours later. If a background update is available, the background updater can download and install the update without interrupting the end-user’s session with a prompt.

With Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Apple introduced a feature called “Gatekeeper,” which can help end-users distinguish trusted applications from potentially dangerous applications. Gatekeeper checks a developer’s unique Apple Developer ID to verify that an application is not known malware and that it hasn’t been tampered with. Starting with Flash Player 11.3, Adobe has started signing releases for Mac OS X using an Apple Developer ID certificate. Therefore, if the Gatekeeper setting is set to “Mac App Store and identified developers,” end-users will be able to install Flash Player without being blocked by Gatekeeper. If Gatekeeper blocks the installation of Flash Player with this setting, the end-user may have been subject to a phishing attack. (Source)
    Code:
    Change Log
    ApplicationDomain.getQualifiedDefinitionNames() 
    Background Updater for Mac
    Bitmap.drawWithQuality 
    BitmapData.encode 
    Full screen keyboard input for Flash Player 
    Improved Apple Mac App Store Support
    Low latency audio support for Sound API 
    Low latency audio support for streaming audio through NetStream 
    MouseEvent.RELEASE_OUTSIDE 
    Protected mode for Firefox (Windows Only) 
    Texture streaming
    Code:
    Download Links

LINKS REMOVED BY MODERATOR
    Last edited by TheScarfedOne; 12th June 2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Removing links to dowload. You must complete a distribution request, and it is in breach of the agreement to post links.

2. Thanks to Arthur from:

Michael (9th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up! I can also confirm the 11.3.300.257 MSIs are available too, but I can't post them otherwise the Edugeek mods will shoot me and throw me in the Edugeek dungeon of doom!

There's also 11.2.202.236 and 10.3.183.20 updated versions too!

Thank Post
    Found out why the EXE links above weren't working. Adobe have combined the installers.

Code:
    LINKS REMOVED BY MODERATOR
    Last edited by TheScarfedOne; 12th June 2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Removing links to dowload. You must complete a distribution request, and it is in breach of the agreement to post links.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Yes I had noticed that straight away too (sorry for not posting).

It's good in a way, but it just means deploying MSIs are twice the size (on 32Bit systems).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's good in a way, but it just means deploying MSIs are twice the size (on 32-Bit systems).
    Adobe just need to combine the IE and Firefox plug-ins now. Having a single installer would be so much better.

Thank Post
    @TheScarfedOne. There wasn't anything wrong with the links I posted above. Please can you PM me if there are any issues in the future because I was not in breach of the license agreement.

As anyone who has downloaded Flash Player through the "Adobe Flash Player Distribution" website will be able to tell you (and as I mentioned once before), the non-public links include the word licensing in their URLs.

The links I posted were the same ones you would see if you downloaded Flash Player via: get.adobe.com/flashplayer. i.e. the public download links.

Thank Post
    Is it just me of does the 'Distribute Adobe Products' web page not work?

My subscription ran out and I have to re-apply but after I diligently fill in the form the 'Accept and Submit' button is still greyed out and no combination of changes makes it work.

HBJB

Thank Post
    adobe 11.3.400 is also released........

10. Thanks to helper27 from:

FN-GM (3rd August 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 2,269 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helper27 View Post
    Bleeeeeep, I only just got the last reminents of 11.2.2xx cleaned out so the next MSI would install, I hope the new one behaves a little better.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helper27 View Post
    Only just deployed 11.3.300 a few days ago grrr!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread