Link: Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
New Features in Audacity 2.0
Audacity 2.0 is our current version. It has dozens of new features, developed in the 1.3 series. It replaces all previous versions, especially 1.2.6 and 1.3.14. See New Features in 1.3 for changes during the 1.3 series. See also Release Notes for more details.
Some of the major changes in 2.0.0 over 1.2.6 are:
- Many effects significantly improved, especially Equalization, Noise Removal and Normalize. Vocal Remover now included plus GVerb on Windows and Mac. VAMP analysis plug-ins now supported.
- Improved label tracks with Sync-Lock Tracks feature in the Tracks Menu. Multiple clips per track. Tracks and selections can be fully manipulated using the keyboard. Many more keyboard shortcuts.
- New Device Toolbar to manage inputs and outputs. Timer Record feature. New Mixer Board view with per-track VU meters.
- Automatic Crash Recovery in the event of abnormal program termination.
- Fast "On-Demand" import of WAV/AIFF files if read directly from source. FLAC now fully supported. Added support for optional FFmpeg library for import/export of AC3/M4A/WMA and import of audio from video files.
The UI has a nice revamp, but the change with selecting how you view track length and generate silence is very annoying.
We rolled out Audacity 2.0 to have to rollback to 1.2.6 within the same day. End-Users just didn't like it.
SimpleSi (15th March 2012)
I have just deployed this onto a server share and the staff are going to try it.
Does anyone have an msi for audacity 2
Can you get away with /Silent
Who likes change?We rolled out Audacity 2.0 to have to rollback to 1.2.6 within the same day. End-Users just didn't like it.
Gave it ago last night and looked/acted the same for me (I've avoided 1.3xxx for past few years as everytime I tried it in the past it crashed my machine)
I don't insert silence so I wouldn't know what's different but for simple record/trim/apply effect it was the same (Except when looping a section - the play icon didn't change appearance which I thought was a backward step myself)
I just need the portable apps guys and girls to repackage it as that's how I deployit on my non-locked down machines
Last edited by Mr.Ben; 19th March 2012 at 05:48 PM.
MrSoapsud (1st August 2012)
Thanks for this Audacity 2.0 MSI installer. Looking forward to testing and deploying it out!
I'm fairly new to doing this kind of thing, and quite impatient trying to figure out something that seems tedious, could I ask what you used to create this and how you added in the plugins/LAME.
ricki (17th April 2012)
I`m trying to deploy Audacity 2 on our CC4 network, the above MSI download works but, when you open a file it displays an access is denied error, it looks like its trying to open a folder that isnt available or it doesnt have rights to open.
I have tried recreating the MSI using installer to go but it wont deploy. and when I have got it to install using the zip file available it doesnt uninstall because there is no uninstall available, I have told installer to go to create an uninstaller but again it errors.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)