+ Post New Thread
Downloads Thread, Steadier State - A free DeepFreeze / SteadyState alternative for Windows 7 & 2008 R2 in Links, Downloads and Scripts; I spotted this in Mark Minasi's September 2011 newsletter and thought it was worth posting since it looks really good. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,940 Posts

Steadier State - A free DeepFreeze / SteadyState alternative for Windows 7 & 2008 R2

I spotted this in Mark Minasi's September 2011 newsletter and thought it was worth posting since it looks really good.

To get an idea of how it works, download the .zip file from the link below and view the PowerPoint presentation contained inside.

Link: www.steadierstate.com

I know that a lot of you really miss Steady State, the tool that lets you essentially create virtual machine "snapshots," but on a physical copy of Windows like a classroom lab PC, public library workstation, kiosk PC etc, and that lets you un-do all of the mess done to a Windows box in under four minutes with no admin interaction needed. So I created what I call Steadier State. Put it on a PC, get it the way you like it and snapshot the machine. Then turn it loose on the public for as long as you like, and reboot it. One of the reboot options will be "Roll Back Windows," and if you choose that, then in under four minutes everything that the users did is completely un-done.

Thank Post
    I have tried it on Windows 7 machine but it makes my machine too slow. It takes too much time to create an image. So finally I have uninstalled it. Now I'm using Deep Freeze it makes my work easier as it is a system restore software so it didnt create any image. Thinking for continuing it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread