Can't say I'm a fan of the new UI.
Homepage / Press Release / Download (EXE / MSI)
* EXE installs mandatory toolbar!
- Supports XFA form filling.
- Supports to open the RMS protected PDFs with Foxit Reader.
- Supports to customize shortcut keys for various commands.
- Supports to reload the opened PDF document that is modified by other PDF tools.
- The new Split View mode allows you to divide the PDFs into two panes or four panes.
- Fit Visible mode enables the PDF pages to fit the width of the window.
- Supports Tabbed Toolbar Mode.
- Supports 11 different page transition types in the full screen mode.
- Offers four nice skins for appearance change.
- Supports to search keywords in the comment and bookmark.
- Enables you to preview a PDF attachment in Microsoft Outlook.
- Displays the PDF files in the Windows Explorer as the thumbnails if Foxit Reader has been set as the default PDF viewer.
- Adds more available command lines.ScreenshotsFoxit Corporation, a leading provider of solutions for reading, editing, creating, organizing, and securing PDF documents, today announced a new version of its flagship PDF reader, Foxit Reader 5.0. The reader, with over 100 million users, now offers new integrations with Microsoft Office, a forms-filling capability, productivity features such as split views, user customization, and heightened security.
The multi-award-winning Foxit Reader offers significant new functionality, helping Foxit maintain a clear lead in features and functionality among competitive PDF reader offerings:
Security. Version 5.0 is equipped to open documents created by Foxit’s PhantomPDF™ and protected by Microsoft’s Active Directory Rights Management Service (AD RMS). This feature improves information security and helps companies meet compliance requirements.
XFA Form Filling. XFA form filling allows users to fill in and complete existing XFA forms electronically.
Productivity Features. Reader 5.0 provides users with productivity enhancements, including previews of PDF attachments in Microsoft Outlook and thumbnails of PDF files in Internet Explorer®. The Fit Visible feature fits the contents of a PDF page to the width of the user’s screen. The Split View capability divides the document pane into two or four panes to make content more easily accessible.
Enhanced User Interface. Version 5.0 incorporates the ribbon user interface technology to make finding menu items quick and easy. Users can choose the newer ribbon mode or the traditional, familiar pull-down menus of previous releases.
Enhanced Customization. With Reader 5.0 users can customize their own shortcut keys and can use skins to customize the look of the reader. Users can also use a new advanced-search tool to easily find bookmarks and commented text.
If you don't like blue, you can also change the skin colour to black, purple or orange.
Last edited by Arthur; 27th May 2011 at 04:20 AM.
Oooh, pretty, finally a consistant UI with the rest of our software. I am pleased Lets hope they don't let feature creep turn it into another 500 pound gorrilla like Acrobat though. I am sad that they never emailed me to tell me about it as I thought that that was part of the deal when you signed up to their distribution liscence.
edit: on the gorilla note, it looks to have crept up to 52MB under system requirements which is still not too bad but it is creaping up there which is a bad sign.
Last edited by SYNACK; 27th May 2011 at 04:32 AM.
When you run the EXE installer for Nitro Reader, it extracts an MSI to...
I shall investigate and keep it in my little box of tools to swap in when required, will probably wait for a little while though as several 'departments' in out governing body seem to use rather antsy PDF writers that puke out barely spec compliant PDFs that used to bomb even on FoxIT when printing until recently so I'll have to test extencivly before I push it out amongst the wolves (sorry, users ) to fend for itself.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)