I am using Shutdownertron to shutdown most PCs at the end of the day. However I was looking to add other options to my power management regime. I want something that will:
- Lock a staff PC after a given time
- Shutdown a PC if there is no user logged on for a given time
- Allow these settings to be managed centrally [a member of staff went 'off the deep end' when I imposed a screensaver that cut in after 2 minutes inactivity]
While looking for something that would do all this for me I came across SmartPower:
Link: SmartPower - Ignatu
SmartPower is a Windows service that saves energy (and money) by hibernating and resuming your Windows PC according to configurable rules.
SmartPower is particularly suited to Windows Home Servers, torrent/download boxes and HTPCs.
As well as hibernating, shutting down and waking the PC up SmartPower can also be set to keep the computer on if a given condition is met:
CPU usage is above n%
Network traffic is above n kb/sec
Defrag is running
Screensaver Operations which does this, although SmartPower looks like it may be even better.
- Log off user, shut down or restart computer, or run any process when left idle
- Optional warning message w/ screen dimming allowing users to cancel out
- Can be configured & enforced via registry & Group Policy Preferences
- Highly customizable with many easily configurable options such as delay time and custom messages
- Colors can be adjusted to match your organization policies
- Great replacement for the outdated Windows Exit Screen Saver Tool (Winexit.scr)
- Windows Vista & Windows 7 compatible
- Supports both 32-bit & 64-bit Windows operating systems
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)