VLC v1.1.10 released.
This release, 2 months after 1.1.9, was necessary because some security issues were found, and the VLC development team cares about security.
This release brings a rewritten pulseaudio output, an important number of small Mac OS X fixes, the removal of the font-cache building for the freetype module on Windows
and updates of codecs.
Changes between 1.1.9 and 1.1.10
Windows and Mac OS X:
* Update of external library modplug, to address multiple security issues
Mac OS X Interface:
* Improved Media Key handling based upon SPMediaKeyTap by Spotify AB
* Fix for various crashes and small issues
* Fix heap corruption / integer overflow in XSPF playlist parser
* PulseAudio output re-written due to unstability of the current one
* Remove the fontconfig dependency from the freetype module
Miscellaneous fixes in:
* Windows 7 taskbar buttons
* Qt interface
* asx, live555, dvdnav demuxer
* RTP output and XML export
* Subtitles colours when using GPU decoding on Windows
* v4l2 access
* Update of Norwegian Bokmål, Slovak, Afrikaans, Luganda, Brazillian Portuguese, Irish, Thai, Estonian, Chinese, Polish, Dutch, German, Galician, Bulgarian, Lithuanian and Japanese translations
* Initial Basque, Zulu, Peul, Amharic, Acoli, Chiga translations