EasyBCD is a utility designed to make it as easy as possible to boot multiple OSs and configure or tweak the Windows bootloader. The latest version adds some really cool features such as the ability to boot directly from ISO images and network drives.
Download / Screenshots / Documentation / Changelog / Wikipedia
EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies' multiple award-winning answer to taking control of your bootloader. EasyBCD extends and revamps the Windows Vista/Windows 7 BCD bootloader, and with EasyBCD, almost anything is possible. Setting up and configuring a dual-boot between Windows 7, Windows Vista, older versions of Windows such as XP & 2003, Linux, Ubuntu, BSD, and Mac OS X is a breeze. You just point & click and EasyBCD does the rest.
EasyBCD is geared for users of all kinds. Whether you just want to add an entry to your old XP partition or want to create a duplicate for testing purposes; if you're interested in debugging the Windows Kernel or septuple-booting your seven test operating systems, EasyBCD is the key.
- Boot into XP/Vista/7/Ubuntu/OS X and more!
- Boot from USB, Network, ISO images, Virtual Harddisks (VHD), WinPE, and more!
- Repair the Windows bootloader, change your boot drive, create a bootable USB, and more!
- Rename entries, set default boot target, change BCD timeout, hide the boot menu, and more!
- Create your own custom boot sequence, hide drives on boot, backup and restore configurations, and more!
- Complete Windows 7 support (including the pretty-boot screen!)
- Total redesign of the user interface to make the stuff you use more often easier to get to and easier to understand
- Automatic configuration and one-click setup of Windows XP dual-boots. No more mucking around w/ boot.ini and NTDETECT + NTLDR
- Support for multiple top-level Windows XP entries. You no longer need to go through a second NTLDR menu no matter how many XPs you have installed!
- Support for GRUB2 and ext4fs (we're looking at you, Ubuntu *glare*)
- Boot from ISO images and Virtual Harddisk (vhd) files!
- Create bootable USB drives!
- Change the boot drive on your system (including all the partition management stuff) with one click!
- Rewritten OS X support (yes, again *sigh*)
- EasyBCD BIOS Extender to let you boot from network devices, specific hard disks, USBs, and more even if your BIOS doesn't support it (thanks to PLoP integration)
- Support for multiple top-level GRLDR entries (in the same vein as XP entries above)
- Improved boot device detection, EasyBCD always runs, even if your boot device is inaccessible or the BCD isn't installed!
- Loading indicator for lengthy operations
- Better support for loading and managing external BCD stores
- Complete EasyBCD portability. Just tell the installer where to stick it, and you're set!
- Improved high DPI support
- Ability to create safe-mode entries
- Improved MBR repair, BCD repair, and more!
Last edited by Arthur; 13th July 2010 at 06:47 AM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)