+ Post New Thread
Downloads Thread, Ping launcher in Links, Downloads and Scripts; I've just finished creating a little utility for myself to launch a Ping via a key-combo instead of having to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,855 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ping launcher

I've just finished creating a little utility for myself to launch a Ping via a key-combo instead of having to launch a command prompt etc...

When its running, simply press Alt+Period/Full stop and you will be prompted for the IP/hostname to ping.

Its available from lzPingLaunch | Localzuk

Hope its helpful to someone other than me.

2. Thanks to localzuk from:

mac_shinobi (24th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 955 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I've just finished creating a little utility for myself to launch a Ping via a key-combo instead of having to launch a command prompt etc...

When its running, simply press Alt+Period/Full stop and you will be prompted for the IP/hostname to ping.

Its available from lzPingLaunch | Localzuk

Hope its helpful to someone other than me.
    will check it out later on - although I use a mac so already have the network util which includes ping, nslookup, finger, port scan etc etc all in one place

Why not just a HTA that had either a text field that had validation done on it or an input box with similar validation and then after clicking on a button or pressing enter it pings with an output window and assign it to one of the F keys that you don't use along the top ie F6 instead of multiple buttons.

FYI - not trying to be negative just some feedback but take into consideration I have not used or launched your util yet so some points might be moot lol

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    will check it out later on - although I use a mac so already have the network util which includes ping, nslookup, finger, port scan etc etc all in one place

Why not just a HTA that had either a text field that had validation done on it or an input box with similar validation and then after clicking on a button or pressing enter it pings with an output window and assign it to one of the F keys that you don't use along the top ie F6 instead of multiple buttons.

FYI - not trying to be negative just some feedback but take into consideration I have not used or launched your util yet so some points might be moot lol
    Because I prefer c#, and intend to grow the app to include other functions. Also regarding which key is pressed, the problem is that many different apps use the different F keys. But obviously, as I make changes I will consider different options (such as allowing the user to alter the key combo) etc...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 955 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Because I prefer c#, and intend to grow the app to include other functions. Also regarding which key is pressed, the problem is that many different apps use the different F keys. But obviously, as I make changes I will consider different options (such as allowing the user to alter the key combo) etc...
    cool - think I might end up going down that road at some point then ref c sharp or c++ etc

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just uploaded a slightly different version, that fixes a few issues I've spotted. The initial version had a bit of a catastrophic error...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've now adapted the program to include the following tools:

• Ping
    • NSLookup
    • Trace Route
    • VNC
    • RDP

The application now also checks for updates. To go straight to the updated files, simply double click on the new version available shown in the tool window.

Available here

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    For anyone who has downloaded the non-MSI version and found it didn't work, I have uploaded a replacement version which fixes this issue.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread