Information about the product:
I have already deployed Celestia [Shatters.Net] as I think many of us might have done. This is somewhat different. I have downloaded it and installed it on my home laptop and it looks pretty good.Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.
It is being used in planetarium projectors. Just set your coordinates and go.
In version 0.10.5
* default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
* extra catalogues with more than 210 million stars
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations
* constellations for twelve different cultures
* images of nebulae (full Messier catalogue)
* realistic Milky Way
* very realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset
* the planets and their satellites
* a powerful zoom
* time control
* multilingual interface
* fisheye projection for planetarium domes
* spheric mirror projection for your own low-cost dome
* all new graphical interface and extensive keyboard control
* telescope control
* equatorial and azimuthal grids
* star twinkling
* shooting stars
* eclipse simulation
* skinnable landscapes, now with spheric panorama projection
For those who are interested in this subject it could be a useful addition to the network.
Download link: Stellarium v 0.10.5
Hope you like it. I did.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)