For those of you who didn't see this on the Gadget show, this looks like a good little time saver.
Free online media file conversion (Document, Images, Audio, Video & Archives)
Not tried it myself yet so please post any feedback for others
I asked it to convert a youtube video to avi a couple of hours ago and I'm still waiting.
I just use Any Video Covertor (free) Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG its not online but save waiting and you just paste the link to the Youtube video, select the format you want and select convert, job done.
Free Video Converter by Extensoft is another good free video converter.
* Opens and converts from the following file formats: AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, MPG, MPEG, MTS, RM, RMVB, QT, WMV, and others recognized by your computer (Direct Show).
* Converts to the following output format: AVI, MP4, MPEG1, MPEG2, QuickTime (QT), WMV.
* Easy and simple user interface including the movie preview area, timeline and editing area, and video clip management area.
* Supports splitting or merging multiple videos by selecting movie sections to be merged or split.
* Supports the new high-definition high-quality format H.264, including multi-pass conversion for even higher quality. This allows creating best quality movies at minimum size.
* Provides predefined conversion settings for instant conversion to movie formats supported by YouTube, iPod, iPhone, HDTV, and Web pages (Flash).
* Supports saving custom conversion settings.
* Supports movie scaling (resizing), deinterlacing, and changing frames-per-second.
* Supports batch mode to quickly convert multiple movies or selections to a single or separate output files.
* Supports saving and loading movie conversion projects.
* Creates HTML pages that play converted videos as Flash movies (FLV) for easy publishing to the Web.
* Absolutely free - nothing to buy!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)