+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Downloads Thread, Room Booking Database/Web based (.asp) in Links, Downloads and Scripts; Mano: I've got the same sort of thing, I've asked on the forum if it's possible to implement an access ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Room Booking Database/Web based (.asp)

Mano:

I've got the same sort of thing, I've asked on the forum if it's possible to implement an access rights thing so that certain people can book certain places etc.
    Hopefully it can be done as its a great little system.

Thank Post

Yea that would be really cool.

Ideally I dont mind staff booking rooms but dont want them booking laptops because they would be mad and have them booked for every lesson or something daft.

The other thing I want to implement, not sure if I am on the right forum section here tho, is with this room bookings have an old pc that displays this info along with other stuff like events, staff messages and other stuff.

Anyone got any ideas on what I can do, free options always the best ones.

Cheers

Tony

Thank Post

I am logging all the requests for the next booking system.
    Bug fixes for the current version are all I can do at the moment as I am setting up the wonderfull Moodle in the school right now. I am also starting a Moodle version of the booking system but as it is PHP it is a full rewrite.
    If you are using the booking system please upgrade to the latest version ASAP to stop strange blockbooking behaviour.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ian Mullings
    Devizes School ICT Support
    http://folders.devizes.wilts.sch.uk/...ookingsystem3/

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mano
    Yea that would be really cool.

Ideally I dont mind staff booking rooms but dont want them booking laptops because they would be mad and have them booked for every lesson or something daft.

The other thing I want to implement, not sure if I am on the right forum section here tho, is with this room bookings have an old pc that displays this info along with other stuff like events, staff messages and other stuff.

Anyone got any ideas on what I can do, free options always the best ones.

Cheers

Tony
    There are threads on display systems Tony. Search for 'Digital Signage'.

We have a home brew system of an old PC hooked up to a 42" plasma and 32" TFT, running powerpoint with a few free plugins so that you can save over the live playing presentation. You can embed web pages in powerpoint. The PC auto logs in and starts the presentation.

@imullings that sounds good. I remember there was work on a booking system for moodle - i'd be really interested if you manage to get something sorted.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Well. Classroombookings is here

I've let staff loose with it at our place and seems to be going OK at the moment. I'll be setting up a forum on the site shortly for you to direct any feedback/support requests to There's installation documentation included with the download which I'll be expanding on in the near future.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Wow - can't wait to have a play!

Thank Post

I've had a system in our school for a while. I use exported tables from SIMS so that the computer rooms' timetable is accurate (or as accurate as possible). Staff use an asp form to look for the rooms available for a given date. The SIMS info includes the no of computers so they can see what is available.

I'd be happ to put together documentation for it if anyone is interested.

Best wishes

Jay Rubinstein

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Which method did you use to export the SIMS data, Jay?

Thank Post

webman, looks a pretty good piece of software.. i havent downloaded it but is it capable of doing multiple rooms? will there be an intergration with AD? and will there be certain groups so staff have limited rights and administrators can change or delete is the room is unavaliable? If so looks like it will do for us, and looks really easy to use.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Hi Tim,

Yes, you can have as many rooms as you want. I will look into AD integration as it will be beneficial to us. At the moment a user is either a teacher or an administrator. Room owners can delete bookings in their room, and booking creators can delete their own bookings. It goes without saying that administrators can delete any.

Thank Post

Nice one, ive been doing a bit a looking a round, and there are a limited amount of products that link in with LDAP, plus you have to give the creators a design to work to as some can be so specific, but well done, im sure that a lot of people shall be using it.

Thank Post

Maybe not total AD integration to begin with but how about it being able to identify the current user and checking they are a member of the allowed group?

Thank Post

We use a form of AD integration, a user-defined field in SIMS which contains the user's login name, since this is also their email address we can use this in a number of places. At the moment we can manually enter student logins but not for staff.I run a script which looks at the Global Address List and put the information into my user defined field for bulk new users and staff.

We put the info about the number of computers in a room into the max numbers box, it's not used for other purposes so my asp page doesn't look other rooms.

I replicate a number of tables out of the SIMS database every night into an separate SQL database on another server, on that SQL database I can do a number of tasks including the room booking, emailling groups of students and the teachers of a student.

The only tripup we get is when an update needs replication taken off the SIMS database, but if I export the replication as a script it isn't too much trouble.

Thank Post

We use a form of AD integration, a user-defined field in SIMS which contains the user's login name, since this is also their email address we can use this in a number of places. At the moment we can manually enter student logins but not for staff.I run a script which looks at the Global Address List and put the information into my user defined field for bulk new users and staff.

We put the info about the number of computers in a room into the max numbers box, it's not used for other purposes so my asp page doesn't look other rooms.

I replicate a number of tables out of the SIMS database every night into an separate SQL database on another server, on that SQL database I can do a number of tasks including the room booking, emailling groups of students and the teachers of a student.

The only tripup we get is when an update needs replication taken off the SIMS database, but if I export the replication as a script it isn't too much trouble.

Thank Post

Hi webman

Thanks for sharing this software. I'm sure this is going to help a lot of schools!! I just spotted one thing that didn't work for me...

Deleting the install.php file using the warning link you provide didn't work. It was omitting the 'index.php' file name in the middle of the URL.

I'm not sure if this might be caused by the fact that I am using xampp on my local machine to test it. *shrug*

Thankyou once again though! You've saved me a lot of headaches with this

Nick

ps. It also says 'My profie' in the control panel instead of 'My profile'

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast