+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Downloads Thread, Free Help Desk Software for EDU in Links, Downloads and Scripts; Originally Posted by Geoff I got an email back almost straight away. No code though :/ Thanks everyone for your ...

Thank Post

Exclamation Free Help Desk Software Keys Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I got an email back almost straight away.
    No code though :/
    Thanks everyone for your patience. At this time, the permanent key for the free help desk software is generated out of the States and vacation time around their Thanksgiving Holiday has push delivery a bit.

They will be delivered within 48 hours. Thanks again for your patience!

Web Help Desk

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Web-Help-Desk-Software View Post
    Thanks everyone for your patience. At this time, the permanent key for the free help desk software is generated out of the States and vacation time around their Thanksgiving Holiday has push delivery a bit.

They will be delivered within 48 hours. Thanks again for your patience!

Web Help Desk
    BTW - If you are on v9.1.12 or greater, the 30 day trial will auto-convert to the Free Edition after the 30 day trial. Folks who downloaded prior to v9.1.12 release will receive a key asap.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Indeed. Clearly I can't read.

Thank Post
    Hi Hodgehi,

If you can send me an email to support@webhelpdesk.co.uk letting me know the name of your company I can ensure you have been sent a license code. As prior to version 9.1.12 of Web Help Desk the codes have to be sent out manually.

Regards
    Andrew Stephen,
    Web Help Desk Technical support

Thank Post
    Sorry. I should have replied to say that i now have the license key. Thanks. I will look at this when i get back to work currently of ill at the moment.

Thank Post
    Got my key as well now...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    well mine upgraded automatically. Isnt that nice!

Thank Post
    Just installed this to give it a try and i am getting

Code:
    HTTP Status 404 - Servlet WOServletAdaptor is not available

type: Status report

description: The requested resource (Servlet WOServletAdaptor is not available) is not available.
    Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
    Any Ideas?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by craigg View Post
    Just installed this to give it a try and i am getting

Code:
    HTTP Status 404 - Servlet WOServletAdaptor is not available

type: Status report

description: The requested resource (Servlet WOServletAdaptor is not available) is not available.
    Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
    Any Ideas?
    Web Help Desk just released v9.1.16 last night and found a slight challenge with the Windows installer (Windows only; Mac & *nix installers are okay). Windows installer downloads have been temporarily reverted to the v9.1.15 install and will be resolved today. Sorry for any inconveniences.

There were only a few minor enhancements and alterations injected into v9.1.16 (see the Web Help Desk Software Changelog), so if you can bare without these few updates for the day and you are on Windows, we appreciate your patience.

If you installed the Windows installer for v9.1.16 (the challenged one) today, please go back to your download link and v9.1.15 will be available and simply run that install back over the other and all will be well! Thanks!

Free Help Desk Software for Europe, Asia, and Africa.

Free Help Desk Software for the Americas and Australia.

Best Regards,
    Web Help Desk

Thank Post
    I'm installing this on a virtual *nix box and i've only installed the text based OS, how can i configure the helpdesk to the correct database ect....

Dan

Thank Post

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    I'm installing this on a virtual *nix box and i've only installed the text based OS, how can i configure the helpdesk to the correct database ect....
    Dan,

The database configuration is done through the web help desk UI after you start the application.

But, since you don't have a GUI on the server, you will need to add your own machine to the PRIVILEGED_NETWORKS option in whd.conf file so you can access the DB update screen.

There is a built-in FrontBase database for instant functionality. ...or you may odbc/jdbc your way to most any other vendor db.

Once you logged into the Web Help Desk web-based UI as an administrator, you can follow the navigation tabs to Preferences > General > Database for external database configuration.

P.S. The Web Help Desk Administrator's Guide will have more information on this subject and more. You can find a link to the Admin Guide at the bottom of the README.pdf file in your Web Help Desk app folder.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Web-Help-Desk-Software; 8th January 2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Looking at different helpdesks and the demo of this does seem pretty clean and simple to use. Just wondering how are users brought in? Can this interact with active directory to get their names and logins at all?
    also, our senior management team would like to have an overview of the requests submitted (tech style) but also be able to submit requests as themselves. i would still be the only tech actually doing the work, but management would like to be able to log in and see all jobs to see what work is being submitted. is this possible or would this require the pro edition?

**EDIT**
    I see on the site it says LDAP and AD Integration so I'll take that as an answer to my question. Any response on the management overview/supervisor role would be appreciated though, thanks
    Last edited by MK-2; 9th January 2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: me reading the site would have saved this!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    Looking at different helpdesks and the demo of this does seem pretty clean and simple to use. Just wondering how are users brought in? Can this interact with active directory to get their names and logins at all?
    also, our senior management team would like to have an overview of the requests submitted (tech style) but also be able to submit requests as themselves. i would still be the only tech actually doing the work, but management would like to be able to log in and see all jobs to see what work is being submitted. is this possible or would this require the pro edition?

**EDIT**
    I see on the site it says LDAP and AD Integration so I'll take that as an answer to my question. Any response on the management overview/supervisor role would be appreciated though, thanks
    Hi MK-2,

This all depends on the amount of information that you want to be made available to your management team. You could make them 'Tech' users and restrict their permissions so that they only see tickets available to them, also disabling certain functionality so that they can't delete client users etc. This would obviously require Tech licenses to be purchased for each management user.

Another approach is by using the Client Admin user types. Client Admins are still regular client users except they are also able to view tickets for their Locations/Departments. Client Admins can also (should you wish) submit tickets on behalf of other client users. They still use the simpler client interface however and do not require Tech licenses.

The simplest option here is probably the Client Admin approach.

You can also schedule ticket reports to be sent by email to clients/techs or even external email addresses. So should you not want management to see other clients' ticket information through the online interface, you could just set up some ticket reports and schedule them to email management every week or day.

I hope this helps. You are correct about integration with AD, Web Help Desk can connect to multiple LDAP sources and synchronise periodically, pulling in the client user details into its database.

Thanks,

WHD_Guy

Thank Post
    well i managed to get my Help desk working now... thanks to the guys at BETT who pointed me in the right direction. Just need to figure out getting the LDAP part working now.

Dan

Thank Post

Lightbulb Web Help Desk Software - LDAP Configuration

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    well i managed to get my Help desk working now... thanks to the guys at BETT who pointed me in the right direction. Just need to figure out getting the LDAP part working now.
    Excellent Dan!

For the LDAP bit, ping the BETT guys or PM "whd_guy". They can send you an informal document that guides you through Web Help Desk LDAP config.

If you login as an Admin Tech and go to Clients > LDAP Connections > Connection Basics & Attribute Mappings, each field has mouse-over popup help that is quite detailed.

Also here is an LDAP Toubleshooting Tool that works quite well when configuring the Web Help Desk Software. (FYI - WHD's Tech Support uses the very same tool)

Enjoy!

16. Thanks to Web-Help-Desk-Software from:

DanW (16th January 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast