+ Post New Thread
Downloads Thread, Shameless self-promotion in Links, Downloads and Scripts; Hi all I've been acting as a sysadmin/tech at a school since mar/apr last year for work experience, during that ...

Thank Post

Shameless self-promotion

Hi all

I've been acting as a sysadmin/tech at a school since mar/apr last year for work experience, during that time I've written quite a few programs for the school, two of which I released as open source software.

NetPrinters is a utility which can be run from the login script, it configures networked printer connections using a trivial scripting/configuration language. Link

NetHalt is a utility which is installed on workstations as an NT service, it allows them to be shutdown at specified daily times, it allows warning time, delay time and the capability to abort the shutdown to be set in the configuration. Link

Any suggestions/comments? I'm thinking about making the shutdown timing in NetHalt be more flexible, for example allowing different times to be defined for different days, or multiple shutdown times per day.

Thank Post
    Netprinters looks interesting, but I can't see what it does that I can't with the R2 printer console?

I'd have been interested in Nethalt a year ago, but I've concoted my own since then that fits much more nicely into an AD domain. Sorry

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    Netprinters looks interesting, but I can't see what it does that I can't with the R2 printer console?

I'd have been interested in Nethalt a year ago, but I've concoted my own since then that fits much more nicely into an AD domain. Sorry
    I've not heard of this "R2 printer console" before, we don't run R2 anyway. I wrote it to replace a really slow vbscript script which could sometimes take 5-10 seconds to run, I think for some reason the interpreter was taking ages to start.

Fits more nicely in an AD domain? What do you mean by that?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread