+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Downloads Thread, skeep VNC console in Links, Downloads and Scripts; Hi tehnewby1, Have you read though this whole thread first to see if any of the mentioned solutions fix your ...
    Thank Post
    Hi tehnewby1,

Have you read though this whole thread first to see if any of the mentioned solutions fix your issue?
    Thanks
    FB

Thank Post
    FB,

I have read quite a bit of it actually lol... the only problem being i am at a near complete loss on most of it due to the fact i have such little experience. All I know is basic stuff, and that i like the promise this software shows.

tehnewby1

Thank Post
    Hi Newby,

Maybe you should start by telling us what you have done to press, what you have achieved, what you cant do and what you want to do. Then we have some idea of what you need help with.

Tom

Thank Post
    Tom,

Well like I formerly said I haven't been here for long, I'm still getting the "lay of the land" so to speak and am trying to sort out exactly how their servers, software, etc. are all ran and kept up to date/backed up. I need a go to program for network administration and it seems like Skeep could be that program. I would like to be able to access my employees desktops/files and other stuff with ease and without notification if the situation deems it necessary. My main problem is lack of general experience and limited knowledge of the protocols, programs, and processes that this entails (i.e. active directory). I'm not completely clueless and usually pick up on things pretty fast but its good to have some guidance so I know I'm learning the right stuff and I have a support line to call upon in the case of me being completely lost like right now aha.

tehnewby1

Thank Post
    Hi newby,

What Tom is saying is that you'll have to tell us at what point of the install/use of skeep your are stuck at? I see the servers are working, is it just that the IP address and usernames aren't against the machine names when you search? Have you put the two scripts (skeeplogon.vbs and skeeplogoff.vbs) into a group policy to run so that they run each time a user logs on or off?
    Thanks
    FB

Thank Post
    FB/Tom,

All I have done thus far is install skeep on my computer. It scanned for the servers automatically I s'pose because I never had it do that, they just showed up in the Servers (RDP) box. Yes, that is the next thing I'm trying to get to work now, I have not placed those scripts or anything because I have never set up a group policy before.. besides that I just don't know what im supposed to do with it, like the deploy VNC command and stuff like that. I'm sorry I am not being very helpful to my own cause, this must be aggravating to you and i thank you for your patience with me.

Tehnewby1

Thank Post
    Hi newby,

The first thing you need to look into then as assigning the two scripts to run via group policy, run the logon at logon and logoff at logoff for the users! google it, theres lots of people describing different ways of doing it, something like this How to Add VBS to Group Policy Logon - Spiceworks
    Thanks
    FB

Thank Post
    FB has set you off with the Group Policy. It is a simple User Configuration Logon script and a Logoff Script. (not computer configuration) FB has set you on the right path.

So lets start with the main function of the program first. You want to be able to VNC (remotely control) the computers.

Firsts things first, Setup the VNC Deployment Settings (UVNC_Settings.exe / Ultravnc.ini)
    1. Open Skeep
    2. Tools > Settings
    Now you are in the settings area were you can setup how you want the VNC Service (which you deploy to all the clients) to work.
    3. Security Tab
    4. Enter a VNC Password (I only use this password so leave "Required MS Logon" unticked, maybe something you can put some time into after the fundamentals, keep it fairly complex you are stabbing a hole into the whole pc dont forget)
    5. Password required, Allow shutdown ultravnc and allow edit clients want to be ticked.
    6. Encryption can be used if you want. Again, fundamentally not required.

7. Screen Capture
    You mentioned you wanted to control the user seemlessly. To do so you are going to need to set a few things here:
    Tick these:
    Poll Full Screen
    Poll Foreground window
    Low Accuracy
    Use System HookDLL
    Use Mirror Driver
    Show Primary display.

All the rest should be unicked. I found this is the fastest config without disturbing the user.
    8. Deploy VNC to a client, preferably a test machine that you can get to easily (IE turning your head left or right 60 degrees).

Phew, that is the first bit sorted. Now you need to allow the port on the client machine through the firewall, otherwise you wont get in. 5900 is the default port. Allow all access to the 5900 port to the winVNC.exe application that "Deploy" will install on the remote machine.

Now you should be able to at least VNC onto that machine. Have a good play around if it doesnt work. You can always reinstall skeep or uninstall the service if needed. I have a decent CMD script which uninstalls all VNC programs which I will share if its needed.

You have plenty to chew on for now. Best of luck.
    Tom.

Thank Post
    Just a little statusupdate of my problems:

It's all working fine right now, exept one important thing. When the user is logging in and the script runs over the policy, it says accsess dienied (line 29 character 3). Looking forward to solve the problem!

Thank Post
    FB/Tom

Thanks a lot so far fellas, in regards to FB,with some help I got the global policy set for the two log in/log off scripts, and now the username when I'm logged in on my computer shows up but no one else... also the IP doesn't show up in its respective column, any thoughts on whats wrong there? Now Tom I did what you said (thanks for the great precise instructions) and I am about to move on to the firewall modification and testing, but i couldn't help but wonder if there is a way to set the firewall thing to group policy aswell or a way to do that in bulk for all machines? Thanks again guys.

Tehnewb

Thank Post
    There is indeed a computer policy that will do this. Follow so: Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Windows Firewall with Advanced Security > Inbound Rules.

Add the service here.

Being a computer policy, remember you need to do some computer restarting to apply it. A way of getting more consistent results is to use the GPUPDATE /Force command on the client PC after applying the GPO. Then Restart it.

As for your login script issue, it may be showing you online because you ran the script manually. Try having someone else run the script manually. You might need to try the script I shared earlier in this thread.

Tom.

Thank Post
    Tom

Alright yeah I found the option in the policy stuff on the domain controller. And well see i actually didn't run teh script manually... with some help i just put it on a GP. I had remote access to my computer then through skeep went into the domain controller, set the policy then logged out and logged into my account. Then i showed up and i had someone else log off and in and they didnt. I may try that new script but also i think i will try that command you mentioned for the firewall. In any case thanks

Thank Post
    Just a short question.. was anyone of you guys able to get the menu with the containers on the left side to work?

Thank Post
    QuOtUm -
    I had the left work from the off out of the box. See Screenshot attached. Didnt FB say that this was build by the ADSchema.vbs? Something like it sets permissions in the AD and should be run as administrator as a one off. Run as administrator.
    AD.PNG

Newby -
    I am totally lost in your post. Sorry. Too many crossed wires for me. Skeep is pretty instant, try this.
    1. Run the Logon script on your pc
    2. open skeep and see the information is correct for your pc
    If yes - run the logoff script on your pc and see if it shows grey (after refreshing skeep)
    If no - run the alternative logon script and see if that works (after refreshing skeep)
    If that worked try run the logoff script on your pc and see if it shows grey (after refreshing skeep)

Then you know what scripts work, dont work and which to put out via GP. You also know that you are getting the right information etc.
    Sounds like you are on the right track. Dont confuse the RDP connections to the Servers in the bottom left with the VNC connections to the client PC's in the top left.

Tom

Thank Post
    Everything is working now, exept the ADScheme.vbs thing..
    It was a long way getting this shit to work, haha
    First I tried to modify the script and spend 3 whole days with analysis what is working and what doesn't. Waste of time.

I documented what I have done so far. It's in german but I will translate it to english when I have time, maybe it will help someone in the future.

Short version:
    - AD Scheme extension for ipHostNumber which is not included in Windows Server 2003, only in R2.
    - Modified the original script with an other IP-Address.
    - Changeing the user permissions in the Domain, because they didn't had the permissions to write the information back to the ADSI.

Btw. @tehnewby1
    Welcome to IT. I just started my apprenticeship 6 months ago so i'm pretty new too
    Last edited by qUoTuM; 12th March 2013 at 04:46 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast