+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Downloads Thread, Microsoft Learning Network Manager in Links, Downloads and Scripts; We are in two converted toilets, still got the old tiles on the wall at the back of my desk. ...
    Thank Post

Re: Microsoft Learning Network Manager

We are in two converted toilets, still got the old tiles on the wall at the back of my desk. Room is split into two halves on is an office the other as the server room with aircon.

Still smells a bit from years ago..... :-(

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by tosca925
    We are in two converted toilets, still got the old tiles on the wall at the back of my desk. Room is split into two halves on is an office the other as the server room with aircon.

Know the feeling at my last school I was in a room with no windows! I felt like a mushroom kept in the dark and fed on sh1t.

Thank Post

We're about to convert toilets. Currently my techies work in the server room, which ends up with everybody and his mate walking in to for various reasons. I dont like people that close to MY servers! :twisted:
    I'm fortunate enough to have my own cupboard. Out of interest how many NMs / SMs work in the same location as their techies. Our SMT have said i MUST have my own office, for various things such as Performance Management, etc..... I'd prefer to work with them, at least then I could demand tea! I know this is off the original topic which started a year ago, but what the hey. I didnt start it! It was Mr_T. Craaazy Foool!

Thank Post

I work with my guy's. I'd go mad with out the company!
    Need someone to listen to me vent my spleen about the Teachers:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_K_81

We're about to convert toilets. Currently my techies work in the server room, which ends up with everybody and his mate walking in to for various reasons. I dont like people that close to MY servers! :twisted:
    I'm fortunate enough to have my own cupboard. Out of interest how many NMs / SMs work in the same location as their techies. Our SMT have said i MUST have my own office, for various things such as Performance Management, etc..... I'd prefer to work with them, at least then I could demand tea! I know this is off the original topic which started a year ago, but what the hey. I didnt start it! It was Mr_T. Craaazy Foool!

Thank Post

Any more recent feedback from peeps about success/failure stories with MLNM?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have tried it ... and the most recent build (available at codeplex) is stable and makes changes about pre-configured profiles ... this is due to problems with the profiles working with W2K, XP and Vista.

To get a domain up and running and ready to deploy multiple machines is about 2 days but I have yet to try it again after putting SP2 on ... so I am not sure what changes would need to be tweaked due to the integration of WDS.

I will pose the question on codeplex actually as I want a few of my guys to look at it again to help understand some principles in prep for MCP stuff.

Thank Post

@Tony

is it quicker to use LNM that set up a domain from scratch?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries

You can set up a domain in 2 days to be honest, but you need to plan exactly what groups and everything beforehand ...

If you have very little experience of setting domains up it is quick to get *something* ready ... but for most of us we would spend the next few weeks tweaking things, setting up additional GPOs and even makign custom ADM templates ...

If someone wants to get a domain running quickly to help understand how it all works then it is good. If someone needs to set up many domains with a similar structure it is good. If someone wants to set up a domain and give staff some admin control of a similar fashion to CC3 or Ranger (not as extensive admittedly) then it is handy.

Personally I doubt we would use it for the full domain, but we might for testing environments or working with small groups of students interested in the ideas behind MS networks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12