Website / Download (Direct Link) / FAQ
- Completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and providing quicker access to key functionality.
- Quick Scan has been renamed to Threat Scan, our recommended scan type.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit integrated into the scanner (available under Detection Settings).
- Malwarebytes Chameleon driver integrated to provide self-protection for the Premium version (available under Advanced Settings).
- Enhanced version of Malicious Website Protection for Windows Vista SP2 and above (better performance, added ability to exclude processes such as BitTorrent clients from Malicious Website Protection, ability to manually exclude IP addresses and individual URLs/websites by domain name).
- Native x64 system location scanning, detection and malware removal.
- Substantial improvements to core detection and removal technology.
- Performance issues when streaming audio on Vista SP2 and newer when using Malicious Website Protection should now be resolved.With the launch of 2.0, we'll also be moving to a subscription licensing model, $24.95 per year. As more and more people have come to rely on us for malware protection and cleanup, our costs in bandwidth, hosting fees, infrastructure, salaries of our researchers, QA department, and more have grown immensely. Though our company is about more than just making money, we are a company and we do have to make money to pay our staff to continue doing what they love, which is fighting malware. The subscription model will help us to be sustainable for the future while staying true to our roots that we will always make malware cleanup free for everyone.
We will continue to honor existing lifetime licenses, meaning any users that already have a lifetime license for 1.x will continue to have a lifetime license for 2.0. We'll also be offering a few thousand more lifetime licenses at some point soon as a special offer, so keep an eye out! On top of all of that, new subscription licenses will be valid for 3 PCs, not just 1.
We could have gone other routes to make our business more financially sustainable, like adding toolbars or advertisements like many other security products have, but that's not the company we are. We believe that products should be nag-free and cleanup shouldn't cost our users a dime, and we're going to stay true to that. Scanning for and removing malware will be free in this new version and beyond! You didn't pay to get infected, you shouldn't pay to clean it up! (Source)
Last edited by Arthur; 24th March 2014 at 10:47 PM.
Fair enough as far as I'm concerned. Worth every penny and at least unlike another favorite of mine (Logmein) they are offering decent notification and a deal. Anyhow for us in schools we should have been paying for it for, I think it's about the past 12 months anyhow.
Isn't it only realtime scanning which is paid for though?In other words, if you bought pro before you pay yearly, else no difference? (Got pro at home yay for free upgrade!)Scanning for and removing malware will be free in this new version and beyond
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)