New Features ownCloud Documents
ownCloud Documents is collaborative editing of rich-text documents. The documents can be created from within the web-interface or existing documents can be uploaded. Sharing and editing can be done securely in the browser and be shared inside ownCloud or via a public link. User that have an account on the same server can be invited or public invitations can also be sent be email. The editing works on top of normal ODF files that are stored in ownCloud. ownCloud Documents is built in cooperation with KO GmbH. User Avatars
User can upload avatar pictures so that they are easier to recognize by others. This is especially useful for bigger organizations and enterprises. File Previews
We now show thumbnails of documents in the web-interface in all the relevant places. This helps the users to recognize their files easier. Conflict Handling
A new web conflict dialog if a file is uploaded that already exists. Users have the option to replace or rename a file and compare them with thumbnails. Activity Feed
See what is going on in your ownCloud. You can see the latest files and folders that you have created changed or deleted. You can see when someone shared something with you or you shared something with someone and if the shared files are changed. This feed can also be accessed with an RSS feed and can be ready via an REST api by Desktop and Mobile client. New Design
Improved design. Less visual clutter and more space for a better focus on your content. Undelete
Finally, now users can undelete a file that was accidentally deleted through the web interface. Simply select the files in the trash bin and they are returned to where they were deleted from, with versions maintained. Other Features
- Improved performance across the board.
- Easier development of 3rd party apps, easier access to core functions for app development with the updated ownCloud App API.
- Share file notification. Send an email if sharing a file or folder.
- Example files for new users. Load new user’s with files, such as a tutorial on how to use ownCloud, which appears when they first log in.
- Sharing REST API. Control sharing from mobile apps and desktop clients
- App management. Improved management of 3rd party apps.
- LDAP / Active directory integration