+ Post New Thread
Downloads Thread, Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 in Links, Downloads and Scripts; The full list of changes can be viewed here . Download ( 32-bit , 64-bit ) / KB Articles : ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,973 Posts

Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2

The full list of changes can be viewed here.

Download (32-bit, 64-bit) / KB Articles: 2687455 / 2687521

Overview of Office 2010 SP2 improvements

The following are the key areas of improvements that are offered by SP2:

Excel 2010 SP2
    • Improves the overall stability, performance, and compatibility with other versions of Excel. For a more detailed list of specific issues that the service pack fixes, please download a version of the workbook that is available below.
    • Fixes issues in which the performance of Excel decreases, and Excel file sizes become larger when additional built-in styles are copied during the duplication of data between different Excel instances.
    • Fixes an issue in which data validation lists that contain comma signs (,) are broken in an .xlsx or .xlsb file. This issue occurs when you set the user locale to a location that does not use comma signs (,) to separate the lists. For example, Germany uses semicolons ( to separate the lists. When you set Germany as the location, data validation lists that contain commas are all broken.
    • Fixes an issue in which an .xlsx file created in Microsoft Office 2013 that contains an App bound to a table is corrupted on save. Additionally, it addresses the issue in which all Agave formulas in the workbook sheet are removed from the file.

Outlook 2010 SP2
    • Fixes the issue regarding the message size of certain long email messages. Additionally, it fixes an issue that occurs when you perform a spell check before you send an email message.

PowerPoint 2010 SP2
    • Improves the quality of videos in a presentation after the videos are optimized or compressed by PowerPoint.
    • Fixes issues that occur when you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time.
    • Fixes an issue in which Mozilla FireFox crashes when you try to view a presentation in PowerPoint Web App on a Mac computer that has Microsoft Silverlight 3 or Silverlight 4 installed.

Word 2010 SP2
    • Fixes issues regarding bookmarks, fields, track changes, templates, tables, object wrapping, autocorrect options, and email addresses. Additionally, it fixes general reliability issues that occur when you post a blog entry on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Microsoft Office 365 blogs.

2. Thanks to Arthur from:

synaesthesia (23rd July 2013)

Thank Post
    I literally uploaded our new image 5 hours ago to WDS. I am gutted that office will be out of date on there by hours!

Thank Post
    Not quite 5 hours ago, but I have already made the MDT images for our Win 7 deployment. Guess 're-do base image' goes on tomorrow's to-do list... >___>

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Bugger that! I think I'll just add an extra step to the task sequence, install it that way

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    I don't think there's a desperate need to deploy this ASAP, but I'm also confused why the Service Pack is so large!

Presumably updates will still be rolled out to Office 2010 SP1?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread