synaesthesia (23rd July 2013)
The full list of changes can be viewed here.
Download (32-bit, 64-bit) / KB Articles: 2687455 / 2687521
Overview of Office 2010 SP2 improvements
The following are the key areas of improvements that are offered by SP2:
Excel 2010 SP2
- Improves the overall stability, performance, and compatibility with other versions of Excel. For a more detailed list of specific issues that the service pack fixes, please download a version of the workbook that is available below.
- Fixes issues in which the performance of Excel decreases, and Excel file sizes become larger when additional built-in styles are copied during the duplication of data between different Excel instances.
- Fixes an issue in which data validation lists that contain comma signs (,) are broken in an .xlsx or .xlsb file. This issue occurs when you set the user locale to a location that does not use comma signs (,) to separate the lists. For example, Germany uses semicolons ( to separate the lists. When you set Germany as the location, data validation lists that contain commas are all broken.
- Fixes an issue in which an .xlsx file created in Microsoft Office 2013 that contains an App bound to a table is corrupted on save. Additionally, it addresses the issue in which all Agave formulas in the workbook sheet are removed from the file.
Outlook 2010 SP2
- Fixes the issue regarding the message size of certain long email messages. Additionally, it fixes an issue that occurs when you perform a spell check before you send an email message.
PowerPoint 2010 SP2
- Improves the quality of videos in a presentation after the videos are optimized or compressed by PowerPoint.
- Fixes issues that occur when you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time.
- Fixes an issue in which Mozilla FireFox crashes when you try to view a presentation in PowerPoint Web App on a Mac computer that has Microsoft Silverlight 3 or Silverlight 4 installed.
Word 2010 SP2
- Fixes issues regarding bookmarks, fields, track changes, templates, tables, object wrapping, autocorrect options, and email addresses. Additionally, it fixes general reliability issues that occur when you post a blog entry on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Microsoft Office 365 blogs.
synaesthesia (23rd July 2013)
I literally uploaded our new image 5 hours ago to WDS. I am gutted that office will be out of date on there by hours!
Not quite 5 hours ago, but I have already made the MDT images for our Win 7 deployment. Guess 're-do base image' goes on tomorrow's to-do list... >___>
Bugger that! I think I'll just add an extra step to the task sequence, install it that way
I don't think there's a desperate need to deploy this ASAP, but I'm also confused why the Service Pack is so large!
Presumably updates will still be rolled out to Office 2010 SP1?
Bumping this old thread.
Anyone got the switches to install as a Task Sequence in MDT build.
This one caught me out, we are just in last stage of implementing sharepoint and this fixes an issue while trying to edit Word and Excel DOCS
Why can't Microsoft notify us of something extremely useful not those silly survey pop ups
/passive ought to do it.
Yes, just run it against the downloaded file. That's how it is in my ConfigMgr anyway.
The 2013 SP has /quiet /norestart after it. If /passive doesn't work, give that a go.
Last edited by Norphy; 18th September 2014 at 05:25 PM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)