+ Post New Thread
Downloads Thread, Greenshot in Links, Downloads and Scripts; I discovered this free app only recently but it's my new fave. It's an enhanced screen shot tool that allows ...

Thank Post

Greenshot

I discovered this free app only recently but it's my new fave. It's an enhanced screen shot tool that allows you to take screen shots either full screen, window, selection or full web pages. It runs in the system tray and can be activated with a series of key presses. The selection screen shot tool is awesome as it has a "sniper" like scope for pinpointing screen grabs:

greenshot.jpg

When you've taken a screen grab, you can choose how to process it:

ewXiZKa.jpg

Upload to Imgur is cool as it generates a link and sticks it straight on your clipboard. Handy for adding screen shots to forum posts via URL!
    Last edited by Rawns; 14th June 2013 at 04:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    The selection screenshot tool is awesome as it has a "sniper" like scope for pinpointing screen grabs
    I also really like Greenshot and recently switched from SnagIt (which also has the cool sniper tool) since it lacks the ability to upload directly to Imgur.

One of the other things I like about Greenshot is that you can capture transparent windows and rounded corners (although you have to enable this in the preferences first). There don't seem to be many free screen capture programs that have this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Upload to Imgur is cool as it generates a link and sticks it straight on your clipboard. Handy for adding screenshots to forum posts via URL!
    If you have a lot of images to upload to Imgur, ShareX is better since it can do bulk uploads and also generate the BBCode tags for the images - a big time saver!

3. Thanks to Arthur from:

Rawns (18th June 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread