+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Downloads Thread, Trimble SketchUp Make 2013 (née Google Sketchup) in Links, Downloads and Scripts; The MSI can be extracted using 7-Zip or by looking in your %temp% folder after launching the installer. Website / ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,662 Times in 1,962 Posts

Trimble SketchUp Make 2013 (née Google Sketchup)

The MSI can be extracted using 7-Zip or by looking in your %temp% folder after launching the installer.

Website / Download: Windows, OS X

License
    If you are a qualified instructor at an educational institution, or you are an enrolled student at an educational institution and use the Software in your classwork, you may use the Software for classroom teaching purposes, and classwork purposes. This includes installation and use of the Software in teaching labs at an educational institution, provided that use of the Software is by enrolled students who are engaged in classroom learning activities at the educational institution. However, if you are an employee of an educational institution and your job responsibilities are not those of a qualified instructor, you must purchase a SketchUp Pro license. For example, but not as a limitation, if you are employed as a member of the professional staff of an educational institution such as the facilities management team, you are considered to be engaged in for-profit activity and you must purchase a SketchUp Pro license.

Government agencies are considered to be commercial users and must purchase a SketchUp Pro license. (Source)

2. Thanks to Arthur from:

mrbios (10th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Our ICT department wants to stick with the old V8 because of the forced 8hr trial of the Pro version, do you know of anything you can do to the MSI with Orca or a reg hack to turn it off/expired?
    Cheers

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Our ICT department wants to stick with the old V8 because of the forced 8hr trial of the Pro version, do you know of anything you can do to the MSI with Orca or a reg hack to turn it off/expired?
    Cheers
    There's no way to do that at present. I raised this with the SketchUp team in May and followed it up again today; as per their advice, I have posted a feature request in their forums here:

Google Product Forums › SketchUp › Please provide a SketchUp Make installer that does NOT include the Pro trial

Anyone who would like to add their 2p and/or support to this would be welcome to comment.

Thank Post
    Ah OK then, thanks for the reply
    So it IS still a Google product then? Are these 'Trimble' people owned by Google then?

Thank Post
    It's not a Google product any more, but they are still working closely with Google due to the integration with Google Earth.

There has been a reply on my request this afternoon with a link explaining how to cause the licence to expire immediately, but you'd have to do it on every machine individually:

I ran SketchUp once, let it start the trial, closed it and then set my system clock back a month. While it was set back, I ran sketchup again, and it told me that the license was expired (It must think if you mess up the time like that, that you're trying to get around the timer.)

After agreeing to the free license terms, I set the clock back to today and now I can run it no problem, without the pro trial.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    do you know of anything you can do to the MSI
    Try the attached files. I installed the latest version of the SketchUp MSI (v13.0.4124) using that MST and license file and when I launch the program for the first time the licensing status shows as non-commercial.

Extract SketchUp2013.mst and SketchUp13.lf to the same folder as the MSI and when you run the installer with the transform file it should copy the license to the correct location automatically (%ProgramData%\SketchUp\SketchUp 2013).
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Thanks to Arthur from:

JSchlackman (9th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Sterling job, works perfectly. I tried something similar myself but never quite managed it. Thanks!

Thank Post
    Hi guys, ive tried this installation method, and one from the sketch up site, but when i add the license file to the program, it says invalid. Can anyone give me a valid license file or tell me how to make one? Thanks, Harry.

Thank Post
    I have created a new MST for the latest version of SketchUp (v13.0.4812) - please use this instead of the one above in post #6. Does this work for you @Harry_Greatorex? It does for me.

To create the non-commercial license file, I installed SketchUp in a VM, ran the program once, set the date back several months, started the program again and then made a copy of the license file.

12. 3 Thanks to Arthur:

jonbd (10th December 2013), timpaxton (17th February 2014), tommej (16th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Attached is a new MST for the latest version of SketchUp Make 2014 (v14.0.4900).

The "License Info" dialog box should look like this...

14. Thanks to Arthur from:

busby (1st July 2014)

Thank Post
    SketchUp Make 2014 (v14.1.1282) was released today. The release notes are available here: www.sketchup.com/intl/en/developer/docs/releases

The MST in post #10 still works for this version, although an updated MST is attached containing a very minor change.

SketchUp's default template can be set via one of the 'DefaultTemplate14' registry values below. I have only listed the metric templates.

Code:
    ; Simple Template - Meters
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\Preferences]
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp01b - Simple.skp"

; Architectural Design - Millimeters
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp02b - Arch.skp"

; Architectural Design - Meters
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp02c - Arch.skp"

; Construction Documentation - Millimeters
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp03b - AEC.skp"

; Construction Documentation - Meters
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp03c - AEC.skp"

; Urban Planning - Meters
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp04b - Urban.skp"

; Landscape Architecture - Meters
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp05b - Landscape.skp"

; Woodworking - Millimeters
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp06b - Woodworking.skp"

; Interior and Production Design - Millimeters
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp07b - Interiors.skp"

; 3D Printing - Millimeters
    "DefaultTemplate14"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SketchUp\\SketchUp 2014\\Resources\\en-US\\Templates\\Temp08b - 3D Printing.skp"
    Last edited by Arthur; 4th June 2014 at 11:29 PM.

16. 2 Thanks to Arthur:

mrbios (10th July 2014), timpaxton (10th June 2014)

Thank Post

Wink

Thanks this will save me a bit of time.

Thank Post
    Any one help, I download the Sketchup msi from the exe, downloaded the new mst from post #11, put them in the same folder and ran the msi manually to check its install and when I ran Sketchup it said I had no license and only 8hrs to go. What am I doing wrong? Had a version 13 that worked fine.

Edit:
    Realise now the 8hrs is a trail! but how do I stop that. Have reset the clock, run it, accepted free version, run it again and its now the free version which is fine, so how do I stop it doing the free trial in the first place?
    Last edited by TechSupp; 10th July 2014 at 02:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    I download the Sketchup msi from the exe, downloaded the new mst from post #11, put them in the same folder and ran the msi manually to check its install and when I ran Sketchup it said I had no license and only 8hrs to go. What am I doing wrong?
    ^ That's what you did wrong.

If you want to test it out, open an elevated Command Prompt, 'cd' to the folder where the MSI, MST and LF are, then run the command below. If SketchUp is already installed, uninstall it first.

Code:
    msiexec /i SketchUp2014.msi TRANSFORMS=SketchUp2014.mst /qb!

Alternatively, copy-and-paste the following into Notepad, save it into the same folder as the MSI, name it SketchUp.cmd, then right-click the batch file and choose "Run as Administrator".

Code:
    @echo off
    setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
    set SCRIPTDIR=%~dp0
    set SCRIPTDIR=%SCRIPTDIR:~0,-1%

msiexec /i "%SCRIPTDIR%\SketchUp2014.msi" TRANSFORMS="%SCRIPTDIR%\SketchUp2014.mst" /qb!
    Last edited by Arthur; 10th July 2014 at 02:16 PM.

20. Thanks to Arthur from:

TechSupp (10th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Uninstalled it and reinstalled it using a cmd file I used to install 13 and it starts up without the pro trial. Now is this because the mst file is specified in the cmd line and if I just double clicked the msi it did not take any notice of the mst file? Next question is if I want to run this out using GPO do I have to specifiy the mst file anywhere in the GPO or do I just make sure its in the same folder as the msi?

Thanks Arthur, that's command looks familiar so it must have been your file I had a copy off! Had a look at the GPO, can I not just run the MSI via a GPO and specify the MST in the GPO software setting rather than using the cmd file (presume that would have to be done as a startup script?) Would the cmd file not try and install Sketchup every time it runs?
    Sorry if the questions seem a bit on the basic side
    Last edited by TechSupp; 10th July 2014 at 02:57 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast