Nice looking Eclipse alternative from Google (based on IntelliJ IDEA from JetBrains).
Website / Eclipse Migration Info / Download: Windows, OS X, Linux
Android Studio is a new Android development environment based on IntelliJ IDEA. Similar to Eclipse with the ADT Plugin, Android Studio provides integrated Android developer tools for development and debugging. On top of the capabilities you expect from IntelliJ, Android Studio offers:
- Gradle-based build support.
- Android-specific refactoring and quick fixes.
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility and other problems.
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities.
- Template-based wizards to create common Android designs and components.
- A rich layout editor that allows you to drag-and-drop UI components, preview layouts on multiple screen configurations, and much more.
Caution: Android Studio is currently available as an early access preview. Several features are either incomplete or not yet implemented and you may encounter bugs. If you are not comfortable using an unfinished product, you may want to instead download (or continue to use) the ADT Bundle (Eclipse with the ADT Plugin).Download includes:
- Android Studio early access preview
- All the Android SDK Tools to design, test, debug, and profile your app
- The latest Android platform to compile your app
- The latest Android system image to run your app in the emulator
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)