It's like WireShark, but in reverse.
Website / Download
Ostinato is an open-source, cross-platform network packet crafter/traffic generator and analyzer with a friendly GUI. Craft and send packets of several streams with different protocols at different rates.
- Runs on Windows, Linux, BSD and Mac OS X (Will probably run on other platforms also with little or no modification but this hasn't been tested)
- Open, edit, replay and save PCAP files
- Support for the most common standard protocols
- Ethernet/802.3/LLC SNAP
- VLAN (with QinQ)
- ARP, IPv4, IPv6, IP-in-IP a.k.a IP Tunnelling (6over4, 4over6, 4over4, 6over6)
- TCP, UDP, ICMPv4, ICMPv6, IGMP, MLD
- Any text based protocol (HTTP, SIP, RTSP, NNTP etc.)
- More protocols in the works ...
- Modify any field of any protocol (some protocols allow changing packet fields with every packet at run time e.g. changing IP/MAC addresses)
- User provided Hex Dump - specify some or all bytes in a packet
- User defined script to substitute for an unimplemented protocol (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Stack protocols in any arbitrary order
- Create and configure multiple streams
- Configure stream rates, bursts, no. of packets
- Single client can control and configure multiple ports on multiple computers generating traffic
- Exclusive control of a port to prevent the OS from sending stray packets provides a controlled testing environment
- Statistics Window shows real-time port receive/transmit statistics and rates
- Capture packets and view them (needs Wireshark to view the captured packets)
- Framework to add new protocol builders easily
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)