+ Post New Thread
Downloads Thread, XPathX - Free XML extraction tool using XPath in Links, Downloads and Scripts; Hi all, I had a need yesterday to extract specific data sets from a very large XML file but no ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 861 Posts

XPathX - Free XML extraction tool using XPath

Hi all,

I had a need yesterday to extract specific data sets from a very large XML file but no budget to do it with [for those interested, I back up my result sets from SIMS to XML files and needed to extract a specific set of results to re-import]. So I wrote my own little piece of software to do it and I'm here to share!

XPathX is a simple command line utility for extracting data easily from XML documents using XPath queries (XPath eXtractor).

It takes 3 arguments, the source XML file, the path to a new XML file to save your results and finally the XPath query itself.

If you need help writing XPath queries, check out w3schools.com - XPath Tutorial

Hope somebody finds it helpful, let me know if you have any problems or find any bugs and I'll rectify them as quickly as I can.

Download available from my Dropbox: Download XPathX

As with all the tools I share, this is a freebie, but feel free to buy me a beer if it's saved you an afternoon of banging your head up the wall! Paypal - Donate

LosOjos
    Last edited by LosOjos; 7th September 2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added bit.ly link

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 861 Posts
    Don't know if anybody has used this, but just in case this is to let you know that it'll soon be removed from Dropbox, but can be found on my new website: XPathX ← Geek Josh

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread