Downloads Thread, Microsoft AD Replication Status Tool in Links, Downloads and Scripts; A new troubleshooting tool from Microsoft to help diagnose Active Directory replication issues.
Source : Ask the Directory Services Team ...
24th August 2012, 11:11 AM #1
Microsoft AD Replication Status Tool
A new troubleshooting tool from Microsoft to help diagnose Active Directory replication issues.
Source: Ask the Directory Services Team Blog (Download)
ADREPLSTATUS helps administrators identify, prioritize and resolve Active Directory replication errors on a single DC or all DCs in an Active Directory Domain or Forest. Cool features include:
- Auto-discovery of the DCs and domains in the Active Directory forest to which the ADREPLSTATUS computer is joined
- “Errors only” mode allows administrators to focus only on DCs reporting replication failures
- Upon detection of replication errors, ADREPLSTATUS uses its tight integration with resolution content on Microsoft TechNet to display the resolution steps for the top AD Replication errors
- Rich sorting and grouping of result output by clicking on any single column header (sort) or by dragging one or more column headers to the filter bar. Use one or both options to arrange output by last replication error, last replication success date, source DC naming context and last replication success date, etc.)
- The ability to export replication status data so that it can be imported and viewed by source domain admins, destination domain admins or support professionals using either Microsoft Excel or ADREPLSTATUS
- The ability to choose which columns you want displayed and their display order. Both settings are saved as a preference on the ADREPLSTATUS computer
- Broad OS version support (Windows XP -> Windows Server 2012 Preview)
ADREPLSTATUs UI consists of a toolbar and Office-style ribbon to expose different features. The Replication Status Viewer tab displays the replication status for all DCs in the forest. The screenshot below shows ADREPLSTATUS highlighting a DC that has not replicated in Tombstone Lifetime number of days (identified here by the black color-coding).
The goals for this tool are to help administrators identify and resolve Active Directory replication errors before they cause user and application failures, outages or lingering objects caused short and long-term replication failures, and to provide administrators greater insight into the operation of Active Directory replication within their environments.
Thanks to Arthur from:
Theblacksheep (24th August 2012)
IDG Tech News
24th August 2012, 11:54 AM #2
While that is a handy tool, the "Office Ribbon" style makes me want to kick them in the nadgers.
24th August 2012, 11:59 AM #3
Hopefully Microsoft are working on a
Metro Modern UI version of this program for those that do not like the ribbon.
Thanks to Arthur from:
SYNACK (24th August 2012)
By manick in forum Windows Server 2008 R2
Last Post: 5th January 2012, 12:26 PM
By theeldergeek in forum Windows Server 2008 R2
Last Post: 10th December 2010, 11:43 AM
By matt40k in forum Windows 7
Last Post: 31st October 2009, 03:45 PM
By kerrymoralee9280 in forum Wireless Networks
Last Post: 12th July 2007, 10:39 AM
By ZeroHour in forum How do you do....it?
Last Post: 23rd February 2007, 10:06 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)