+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, Microsoft Deals With Prometric Only in Training and Courses; I thought this may be of interest to all those who are self-studying for Microsoft exams (like me ) Microsoft ...
    Thank Post

Microsoft Deals With Prometric Only

I thought this may be of interest to all those who are self-studying for Microsoft exams (like me )

Microsoft have signed a deal with Thomson Prometric that allows only them to run Microsoft exams. Link to article below for more detail:

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...vue_prometric/

My biggest problem with this is the fact that my nearest Prometric centre is at least twice as far as my nearest Vue centre (which is already far enough), meaning even more time off work (which is bad enough already) and the fact it's gonna be even harder to get a decent day/time as there are less centres around.

What's your views on this? I for one am a bit stuck as I paid up front to a training provider so I'm actually going to have to make the travel regardless of if I can or not or lose the money. Just means instead of half a day off it will be a full day (may be a good thing of course )

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts

Re: Microsoft Deals With Prometric Only

Cisco are partnering with Vue only.

I think the nearest Vue centre was Norwich? where is the nearest Prometric one?

Ben

Thank Post

This is a complete pain in the a*** for us too as our company is a VUE testing centre purely to allow us to test our students at the end of their boot-camps. Not as bad as it could have been, as two out of our three courses are CompTIA, but it means we've got to look again at our MS course, and also means I've got to travel to Edinburgh to sit my MS exams instead of doing it in our own centre!

Also, I don't think I've heard a good thing about Prometric's testing software. the VUE software is great and crashes about once every 3-4 months, while I've heard reports of Prometric software crashing about 3-4 times per exam!

So, I think this is an awful situation for everyone.

Thank Post

The nearest one that I can see is in Cambridge but there may be a closer one. The website doesnt allow you to map nearest centres, just the whole of the UK.
    I had been using the Vue centre in Norwich for a while now, hopefully they may take up Prometric as well but I'm not sure. May wing them an email this afternoon and see what they say.

Thank Post
    Bit of an update:

ActiveTalk Academic (Norwich) have recently become a Prometric centre which is very good news for us rural Norfolk folk!

Hope this is of use to someone

Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread