+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, FITS Foundation Course in Training and Courses; Anyone done a FITS practitioner course with the FITS Foundation (I know others have done XMA FITS courses)? There is ...
    Thank Post

FITS Foundation Course

Anyone done a FITS practitioner course with the FITS Foundation (I know others have done XMA FITS courses)? There is one fairly near us that I may still get on to, and wondered if they are OK as trainers. You can pm me with info if you prefer! Also, can someone confirm that this does lead to a full qualification? I read the accreditation info, but it just talks about credits rather than a full qualification.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Blog Entries
    FITS Courses are accredited with SQA and are qualifications in their own right, but are also available as credits to other courses based on their allocation on the QCF. This means I can go to the OU and justify that I am transferring credits towards a particular award. @wagnerk is probably best placed to explain cashing in credits from qualifications.

XMA have been a FITS Trainer and so people who have done the courses and exams will also have the qualification.

There is a course coming up with TalbotHowe, who are accredited as FITS trainers ... and all trainers are checked and verified by The FITS Foundation. Locally we are also running a course over the feb half-term, but it is aimed at local schools but if you can't make the TalbotHowe course (which also gets you free access into Duxford) then let me know.

3. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

Andie (25th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    FITS Courses are accredited with SQA and are qualifications in their own right, but are also available as credits to other courses based on their allocation on the QCF. This means I can go to the OU and justify that I am transferring credits towards a particular award. @wagnerk is probably best placed to explain cashing in credits from qualifications.

XMA have been a FITS Trainer and so people who have done the courses and exams will also have the qualification.

There is a course coming up with TalbotHowe, who are accredited as FITS trainers ... and all trainers are checked and verified by The FITS Foundation. Locally we are also running a course over the feb half-term, but it is aimed at local schools but if you can't make the TalbotHowe course (which also gets you free access into Duxford) then let me know.
    Thanks for clarifying the qualification and trainer issues. I've emailed the FITS people at XMA to try and get a price for their Nottingham course, and then I can put together an email for the Head with Nottingham and Duxford on. The TalbotHowe website is very helpful, and explains the qualification level, etc. Thanks for the offer of your local course too if I get stuck!

Qualifications | Talbot Howe

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    FITS Courses are accredited with SQA and are qualifications in their own right, but are also available as credits to other courses based on their allocation on the QCF. This means I can go to the OU and justify that I am transferring credits towards a particular award. @wagnerk is probably best placed to explain cashing in credits from qualifications....
    That's right, on the FITS site is just explains what the certificate(s) is made up of, as the SQA is different from the English version, it's always good to know the little things as...

Provided you have the information you can them apply to various universities to gain (like @GrumbleDook already said) credit for previous studies under the University's own Accredition of Prior Learning scheme, see the OU for example. You can also use the FITS qualifications for certain awards from City & Guilds, like the LCGI in IT (Licentiateship).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread