+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, IDA Course vs Windows 7 Course in Training and Courses; Does anyone know how useful the Configuring and Troubleshooting Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (6426) ...

Thank Post

IDA Course vs Windows 7 Course

Does anyone know how useful the Configuring and Troubleshooting Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (6426) course would be for me as a typical senior technician at a educational establishment?

We are migrating to AD this summer and I've done the 6425 course Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services (6425) which was interesting but the 6426 looks a little...over the top?

I was considering instead to take the Planning and Managing Windows 7 Desktop Deployments and Environments (6294A) course as we are looking to migrate to Windows 7 too and this looks to go into more detail over deployment and group policies which would be more useful I guess?

Thank Post
    Hi

For an educational establishment I would not do the Configuring and Troubleshooting Identity and Access Solutions AD 2008. You won't generally use these features within this enviornment. I have personally used this technology in the private sector and see no benefit compared to Planning and Managing Windows 7 Desktop Deployments and Environments (6294A). In my personal experience when I delivered Course 6426A, over my teaching years, I have not had one delegate from the education establishment (schools, sixth forms, colleges).

(6294A) is much more beneficial to you which you will most probably use in your establishment.

There are a number of companies offereing both courses but I would look around to get value for money.

Sukh

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread