+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Courses and Training Thread, MCSA in Training and Courses; @ Localzuk Go for it and accept any training you are offered. I've done my MCSA (via book) but am ...

Thank Post

Re: MCSA

@ Localzuk
    Go for it and accept any training you are offered. I've done my MCSA (via book) but am doing the course again now as the school have paid for it. I find the books are very good but the best way is to combine this with some real hands on training with labs etc. Passing the course for me is superfluous as I am more interested in the experience and knowledge.

@nodgelyobo

Don't worry too much about your age with this mate it is not always a worry although you will clearly expect to have younger bosses which is sometimes difficult to get to grips with initially. I'm 44 and took a career change 7 years ago and while it is a little younger than you it felt daunting to me even at 36. I'm network manager at a school now and have been for around 5 years (different schools). It is important to get your foot in the door maybe even as a techie to start with, get the experience and then move on and hopefully up. If you have the ability then there is no reason why you shouldn't progress like anyone. I particularly like schools for the hours, you get to have a life whereas in the corporate rat race you end up being on call and working long hours. The CCNA qualification you have is often more desirable than the MCSA but in terms of experience and widening your field then you could do a lot worse. Go for it, enjoy it and get applying for positions while training, if you have what it takes you will be snapped up whether in the education sector or corporate. Feel free to PM me with any questions and i'll be happy to communicate with you.

Good luck in whatever you do.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tosca925
    Bruce

//netg.monsoon5.com

Username: livelearning

Password : smart
    Don't work?????????
    ditto

Thank Post

Yea...my password changes weekly and thought I would let some of you try this site...this weeks password is 'future'

B

Thank Post

srochford and CTBJS (in reply to the nodgelyobo question)

thank you both for your frank answers, being employed in one industry ie. building, for most of my life, I have seen people come and go, thru' lack of experience, or chancing their arm, and this is what I didn't want to do, I therefore did six months placement, shadowing an administrator, and another 3 months working for a charity organisation repairing and assembling computers. The MCSA I feel will bring all these things together in a more constructive way.

I don't know many people in the IT business, so your advice is well appreciated.

Cheers nodgelyobo

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12