+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, Cert in MS Technology's from Lancaster Uni in Training and Courses; Has anybody here done the Lancaster Uni Certificate in MS Technologies either as part of the FD they offer or ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 923 Posts

Cert in MS Technology's from Lancaster Uni

Has anybody here done the Lancaster Uni Certificate in MS Technologies either as part of the FD they offer or on its own? If so what are your honest views of it from a perspective of usefulness, have you now sat the MS exams, does it help towards getting the MS exams passed on the modules it covers towards the MCSE certificate etc..

Basically any feedback good or bad would be great. I know we have discussed them before and the general consensus was they are a very good idea and setup etc, but I am more interested in this one course .

Also if you have done this course what sort of skills did you go to it with, I see they say they expect you to have done there cert in Network & Systems Admin or have suitable experience, any advice on that area would be good.

Cheers!

Thank Post

Re: Cert in MS Technology's from Lancaster Uni

You have relevant experience comparable to the NASA course so I wouldnt worry about that. I learnt a few things on the NASA course but it was mostly going over stuff anyone with a few years experience would have picked up. Most things just went into a little more detail maybe.

Thank Post

It sounds like the HND I am studying right now actually. Take separate modules in MS and Cisco technology and merge them with certification elements that help prepare you for the tests should you want to do them. I'm on course to take my MCP in Server 2003 this year and even have a peek at the CCNA I have wanted for some time. So course like that are actually pretty good at getting you ready for the test. On the other hand, without the experience you are pretty much sunk, because although you know the theory the practise is something else.

Not sure about the course you mentioned because I haven't done it, but after looking at it I would say go for it and see what it can do for you. Couple it with some good experience and build up your confidence in the software and hardware and see what happens.

Good luck!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 923 Posts

Cheers for the comments Chris, I think I have the skills to attempt it as well, but just thought I'd ask the forum as I'm sure someone on here will probably have done that course or the NASA course (like yourself).

Also, Kingswood, cheers for those comments its very helpful as you are doing something similar and have said that this looks the same sort of principle.

Any other peoples comments are welcome! I think i will try and get on it for the next cycle start as it were (i guess September) rather than starting mid-term (if they had the space) as its modular but looking at the schedule they do seem to follow on in a way a bit I think.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread