+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Courses and Training Thread, FITS Certificate in Training and Courses; Got mine this morning too! Wooooo!...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Got mine this morning too!

Wooooo!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Got mine this morning as well ... and will be chatting to the team on Monday to clarify about levels. I didn't get a chance to at our last meeting as there was a lot to get through (sorry Ken).
    No worries mate On a side note, the accreditation of the Practitioner & Manager's certs are only until the end of this year?

-Ken

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnerk View Post
    No worries mate On a side note, the accreditation of the Practitioner & Manager's certs are only until the end of this year?

-Ken
    As with many certifications which are accredited along vocational lines there is a time limit on both the course and the award. It is not uncommon with a new award for the course to only be accredited for a short period whilst it is rolled out as a pilot. This limits the initial outlay with the qualifications body you use and once cash flow is built up and you have a firmer idea of numbers who will take the course it can be looked at for a longer period.

It also depends on how frequently the course will be updated with fresh materials or how frequently the method of assessment may change.

Creating an award is a fine line between something that is flexible enough to change with the times, but steady enough to keep everyone happy.

Thank Post
    Cool

-ken

Thank Post
    Hello everyone,

Sorry about the delay in getting the certificates issued. It has been an issue with the exam board who have taken 7 months to approve and issue the certificates. All of the backlog certificates should have gone to your home addresses about a week ago. From this point onwards, they should be received much more promptly after you take the exam. There will occassionally be peaks such as the summer examinations where it takes a little longer for them to issue these certificates, but normally they should be fairly rapid.

If you get any further excessive delays, please let me know and I will take this up with the exam board directly.

Thanks

Steve

Thank Post

Update

Hi Tony and Ken,

Thanks for the questions and responses. Phase 1 for the new FITS qualifications was to get the practitioner and advanced qualifications in place. We now have both of these up and running. The next phase is to introduce a CPD scheme where everyone is kept up to date on important new initiatives, resources and tools. The inital discussions have been around the qualification being valid for 3 years with an annual CPD update. This is still work in progress and Tony will be actively involved in getting this right.

Thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    As with many certifications which are accredited along vocational lines there is a time limit on both the course and the award. It is not uncommon with a new award for the course to only be accredited for a short period whilst it is rolled out as a pilot. This limits the initial outlay with the qualifications body you use and once cash flow is built up and you have a firmer idea of numbers who will take the course it can be looked at for a longer period.

It also depends on how frequently the course will be updated with fresh materials or how frequently the method of assessment may change.

Creating an award is a fine line between something that is flexible enough to change with the times, but steady enough to keep everyone happy.

7. Thanks to FITS1 from:

GrumbleDook (11th June 2010)

Thank Post
    SQA have taken a lot longer than we expected to get the certificates agreed and sent out but I understand from them that they have all been sent out now. I certainly received my certificate last week having sat the exam myself to test the system out. If anyone still hasn't received a certificate can you please reply here or go to the FITS website and submit a comment through our contact form and I'll get it sorted immediately. (I can't add an email address yet because I don't have enough posts on here).

Trevor Greenfield
    Technical Director
    The FITS Foundation

9. Thanks to TrevorGreenfield from:

GrumbleDook (11th June 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12