+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, MCITP in Training and Courses; Happy easter everyone! I am contemplating doing my MCITP exams in Server 2008, however, after doing research I have found ...

Thank Post

MCITP

Happy easter everyone!

I am contemplating doing my MCITP exams in Server 2008, however, after doing research I have found that the choice is quite bewildering.

Essentially, I am looking to do it part time, in London or Kent area.

Has anyone done this exam, and can give me advice where they've done it, and how they've found it? So many companies offer this, and the price is so varried, I really can't decide who to go with...

A.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I did mine on an intensive residential course with a training company. Found it relatively simple if you've got appropriate experience, probably somewhat harder if you don't. I tend to find that, even though its usually more expensive, an intensive training course just works well for me.

Thank Post
    I'd like to think, having worked in schools in IT dealing with networks since 2001, I now have the experience. I thought about the intensive course, but I just thought financially, they are quite a bit more than a non-intensive course, and money is an issue

A.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Your best bet then is to get the books and self-study until you're happy, possibly buy some of the self-test software as well. Then just find the nearest exam centre and go for it. You get a free second shot if you fail, and a 25% discount on your next exam if you don't use that second shot.

Thank Post
    http://www.mtc-training.co.uk/docs/mcsatrack.pdf

Im doing the above course, its a bargain and you get half price MS exams with it. You do have to do Sunderland uni academic exams as well though. You dont have to pass them but if you do its somethign to add to your CV.

Ill definately reccomend them, well run course with all the materials and an awesome meal every day!

Id definately say its worth doing the course rather than self stuffy becasue a lot of the things explained and talked about dont appear in the book.

Thank Post
    I've done both the MCITP: EST and the MCITP: EA by self-study, I may do the MCITP: SA at some point, but not at the moment.

Self-study is not everyone's cup of tea, plus I've been using/working with the technology ever since they were in beta.

You mention that you've been working in schools dealing with networks since 2001, how much experience do you have with Windows Server 2008? And is your set-up vanilla or something along the line of RM, etc... It's alot different than 2k/2k3. And unless you have a certain level of experience with the technology, I would not recommend an intensive course.

Have you checked out your local colleges to see if they do it? College's that do MS course and are MS academies normally offer the courses alot cheaper than alot of other training providers.

Hope that helps

-ken

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread