+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, Interactive Whiteboard Courses in Training and Courses; Does anyone know of an interactive whiteboard training course that will be run in the forthcoming academic year? I'm looking ...

Thank Post

Interactive Whiteboard Courses

Does anyone know of an interactive whiteboard training course that will be run in the forthcoming academic year? I'm looking for something that is suitable for Key Stage 2 (5-11 years). We have several Smartboards in school now but no-one really has the time or the skill to make the most of them. As ICT coordinator I've been tasked with the job of attending such a course and bringing back info and ideas for the rest of the staff for dissemination.
    I'm based in Germany but am prepared to travel anywhere in Europe for a decent course. I would be most grateful for any help/ideas. Thanks.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Interactive Whiteboard Courses

I do not know any specific...

but I would suggest contacting local smart tech reseller and see what they have on offer other people might be able to offer more specific advice

and welcome our very first international member (if you do not count those funny folk in scotland )

Russ

Thank Post

http://www.atantot.com/ is a site created by a MFL teacher for use on an interactive whiteboard.

There's some great ideas and is constantly being updated as the teacher improves her skills.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Our whiteboard vendor [Hitachi] offerred free courses - is it basic or advanced you're after?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by russdev
    and welcome our very first international member (if you do not count those funny folk in scotland )

Russ
    Russ, I hope you're not making fun on the Independant Realm of Scotland!!!!!!!!! :P

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

would i do such a thing...

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by TossPot
    Does anyone know of an interactive whiteboard training course that will be run in the forthcoming academic year? I'm looking for something that is suitable for Key Stage 2 (5-11 years). We have several Smartboards in school now but no-one really has the time or the skill to make the most of them. As ICT coordinator I've been tasked with the job of attending such a course and bringing back info and ideas for the rest of the staff for dissemination.
    I'm based in Germany but am prepared to travel anywhere in Europe for a decent course. I would be most grateful for any help/ideas. Thanks.
    what software are you using, or planning on using?

<edit>ignore me, just saw that you are using smart boards, so i guess you'll be using the smart software *slaps head*</edit>

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by StuartC
    Quote Originally Posted by TossPot
    what software are you using, or planning on using?

<edit>ignore me, just saw that you are using smart boards, so i guess you'll be using the smart software *slaps head*</edit>
    Hey StewartC - thanks for the reply, even if you are a slow reader! :-)
    - not a bad question though; we have got Smartboard software of course but we use Softeases' Textease Studio a lot around the school (great programs).
    TP

Thank Post

The teacher that has produced the Atantot site uses the Textease software quite a bit (not sure if any activities are on her site though).

RM supply (and I think do training in) Textease in the UK. Probably very expensive though (being RM).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread