+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, Zyxel products and training in Training and Courses; Anyone know whether you can get training on Zyxel vpn systems & if you can and you have done it, ...
    Thank Post

Zyxel products and training

Anyone know whether you can get training on Zyxel vpn systems & if you can and you have done it, is it worth it?

Just for info:
    We are trialing a Zywall 70 (and maybe a watchguard X500 if it ever comes) for a number of schools in the county - not trialing in any official sense for powys, but we need it and a woman from the county is most helpful

We did look at the Cisco stuff but way too expensive for us - VPN through the Powys WAN to us lol other features are beneficial but not for the price of the cisco kit, plus i believe you NEED the training to make head-or-tail out of the interface and ways they do stuff.

So I have been looking at a number of products, including a (suposedly) high-end netgear vpn/firewall one, but it fails because of not being able to provide multiple IP ranges

So this brings me to the watchguard series which the X500 looked great but a touch expensive - but a bit cheaper than cisco and probably more easy to understand . It was great but getting a trial eval unit of it will take ages

Then zyxel turned around to us (supplier and me) and said, ah, we'll give ya a trail and it should be with me tomorrow

/story over

So I'm just wondering whether there is any zyxel training available or not, or is it "that" easy to use? lol

The Watchguard X500 & accredited training if the zyxel system isn't good enough may be on the cards - VPN course (1 day) @ £495 and theres a Firewalling Basics Course & Exam (2 days) @ £995 I've seen

Any thoughts?

Nath.

Thank Post

Re: Zyxel products and training

Why not tell Zyxel about Edugeek and tell them that you will write a review if they give you some basic training/training material with the trial unit. It's then in their interest since you will say how wonderfully easy it is to understand (if it is) or how supportive Zyxel are.

Thank Post

Re: Zyxel products and training

Good point ric (soz, didnt notice the replt again lol)

Well I;ve got the trial unit so after friday (when i get assistance from powys) I shall attempt what you suggest

Cheers
    Nath

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread