+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, An ICT for Education Conference - Free - Wetherby, North Yorkshire in Training and Courses; ...
    Thank Post

An ICT for Education Conference - Free - Wetherby, North Yorkshire

I have just had this through and thought i would share it with you all. You might be interested in going/knowing someone who might be interested:

The ICT for Education Conference Programme, 2014

Hello from ICT for education
    I would like to invite you to the Leeds ICT for Education Conference on Friday 25 April at Wetherby Racecourse, York Road, Wetherby, West Yorkshire LS22 5EJ. The event is one of NINE regional conferences in ICT for Educationís innovative and informative 2014 national conference programme.

Conference attendance is FREE FOR ALL DELEGATES, and includes lunch and refreshments.

Registration starts at 7.45 am and the conference closes at 2.15 pm. Feel free to forward this invitation to colleagues, and to bring them with you.

The Leeds conference has a great line-up of speakers, including lead speaker Mike Briscoe, co-director of the EXite senior leadership development programme; and guest speaker Andy Hutt, an educational ICT consultant who will present an informative and entertaining tour of some free and low-cost ICT apps that are easy to use and can have a significant impact on teaching and learning.

Other speakers and panel participants include Simon Humphreys from Computing at School; Matt Hogan, an ICT teacher at The Kingís School; Bob Harrison, chair of the Teaching Agency ICT Expert Group and the Teaching Schools Technology Advisory Board; Doug Dickinson, an educational ICT consultant at the University of Leicester; and Tina George, a director at Sureline Communications.

The conference will introduce a Question Time- style debate dedicated to the new Computing curriculum, headlined: "How can the new Computing curriculum best be taught and will it meet the needs of students, business and industry?"
    It will also include a session detailing how to build a reliable, responsive and sustainable wireless network for your school, as well as live product-reviews.

An exhibition of ICT products and services will give you the opportunity to talk directly to suppliers, as well as time and space to meet the conference speakers and network with colleagues.

I hope you can join me at the Leeds ICT for Education Conference, which I am sure you will find both informative and entertaining.

To secure your place(s), please register HERE >> Register.

I look forward to meeting you at Wetherby Racecourse.

Best regards,

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Anybody else attending this? Me and the rest of the team have managed to get the day off to come down!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've done several of these as an exhibitor

They're small intimate affairs, with less than 100 people attending. You'll have a few seminars, plenty of free tea and coffee and a chance to chat to the couple of dozen companies who attend over sarnies at lunch (they leave food on the exhibitors stands so you have to approach in order to get your grub.

They're pretty decent (I always enjoyed the day out of the office and the night out the day before).

Thank Post
    We are fairly local so we aren't going the night before unfortunately. I'm looking forward to going to see what we can get from it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I used to set up the stand the night before and then find some other exhibitors who were in a hotel near mine. always a blast.

The Newcastle event was at the footbal ground. Me and a few others got a full tour and a walk on the pitch. plus some comp drinks in the bar. Excellent stuff!

Thank Post
    I hadn't heard about this previously, but I've now forwarded the info to our ICT Faculty. Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread