+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, EC-Council CHFI? in Training and Courses; Just wondering if anyone has done the EC-Council CHFI course? What did you think of it what would you need ...

Thank Post

EC-Council CHFI?

Just wondering if anyone has done the EC-Council CHFI course? What did you think of it what would you need to know before looking at taking it? Caught my eye a while back and wanting to give it a go just not sure what qualifications I should get before I start reading into it?

Thank Post
    I guess it really depends on what you want to do with it and if the price of the course and exam is worth it (bearing in mind that the certification also has to be renewed* every three years with at least 120 ECH credit hours)

For less than the price of that course, you can gain the Post Graduate Certification in Technology Management (a 1/3 of a Masters) which doesn't expire and includes the Digital Forensics module which covers UK law. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Firebrand, they have a very good rep. Just wanted to make sure that you have alternatives out there.

*The credits can be earned in many ways including attending conferences, writing research papers, preparing for training classes in a related domain (for instructors), reading materials on related subject matters, taking an exam of a newer version of the certification, attending webinars, and many others. Qualified ECE activities must have been completed within ECE program’s 3-year window and must be submitted in only one ECE 3-year window. ECE credits are earned on a per annum basis, between January 1 – December 31 of each calendar year. Certified members must register their ECE credits earned by 1 February of the following year to maintain their certification status.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread