+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Courses and Training Thread, Cisco CCNA in Training and Courses; ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Linfit View Post
    Ajaz, you may find that local FE colleges do the CISCO course relatively cheaply - I have just completed a Foundation degree which included the CCNA as part of the first two years and I know the college ran that part of the course also as a stand-alone; it was nowhere near the cost you have quoted, and in some areas there are subsidised courses and grants available; some of the people on my course had access to funding even though they were doing the course part time becuase the college was in a targeted area (I did my course in Manchester).
    i already checked its around £1100.

thankx

Thank Post

Question CCNA Course at Burnley College

Hi there,

I am starting a CISCO course at Burnley College in a weeks time. I previously carried out CCNA Modules 1 and 2 a year back and now I have to do the CCNA 1 and 2 again. Can anybody give me advice on any tricks to bypass 1 and 2 to get straight to 3 and 4. The issue is I believe that the criteria of modules have changed to discovery what ever this means but I feel I have wasted a chunk of my life on carrying out tasks to complete CCNA 1 and 2. The bright side of this course involves me carrying out an NVQ L3 in ICT Professionals. Please could people tell me if this is a good course for me or not to carry me through to a good career in ICT. Also any tips on revision for CCNA and any ways i can recieve help with binary as this is my week point in all this. I really don't have a problem with carrying out CCNA 1 and 2 again if it will mean something more to me, I would appreciate advise

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oalcock View Post
    Hi there,

I am starting a CISCO course at Burnley College in a weeks time. I previously carried out CCNA Modules 1 and 2 a year back and now I have to do the CCNA 1 and 2 again. Can anybody give me advice on any tricks to bypass 1 and 2 to get straight to 3 and 4. The issue is I believe that the criteria of modules have changed to discovery what ever this means but I feel I have wasted a chunk of my life on carrying out tasks to complete CCNA 1 and 2. The bright side of this course involves me carrying out an NVQ L3 in ICT Professionals. Please could people tell me if this is a good course for me or not to carry me through to a good career in ICT. Also any tips on revision for CCNA and any ways i can recieve help with binary as this is my week point in all this. I really don't have a problem with carrying out CCNA 1 and 2 again if it will mean something more to me, I would appreciate advise

Thanks

You mean you don't wish to sit through subnetting again?

Seriously though, if I haven't done subnetting for a while, I completely forget what I'm doing. No harm in having it refreshed from time to time.

Thank Post
    CCNA v3.1 retired at the end of July this year. Version 4 (Exploration and Discovery) cover the material in a different order to v3.1. Some topics are new in v4 (i.e. more wireless) and some things have been dropped (ISDN). I think there's no option but to hit the books (or attend a course) and cover the material in v4 Modules 1 & 2.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalcock View Post
    Hi there,

I am starting a CISCO course at Burnley College in a weeks time
    oooo Burnley are doing that, hmmm I think they should advertise better! As I would be signing up if it was on a part time basis!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12