+ Post New Thread
Courses and Training Thread, Cisco Certified IT Network Training Package. Worth doing? in Training and Courses; Hi, Work is currently asking about any training i would like to complete so ive spotted the Cisco Certified IT ...

Thank Post

Cisco Certified IT Network Training Package. Worth doing?

Hi,

Work is currently asking about any training i would like to complete so ive spotted the Cisco Certified IT Network Training Package provided by careermatch.
    Cisco Certified IT Network Training Package

Has anyone done this? What do you think?

Many thanks.

Dan

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dany2010 View Post

The main thing to ask is will it help you achieve where you want to be in IT?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dany2010 View Post
    Hi,

Work is currently asking about any training i would like to complete so ive spotted the Cisco Certified IT Network Training Package provided by careermatch.
    Cisco Certified IT Network Training Package

Many thanks.

Dan
    More a quick question, but I take it you realise that isn't a "real" training course. It's only online study? Proper CCNA courses are 2k+ normally. (Just for CCNA)

Steve

Thank Post
    Just get the CBT-Nuggets for ICND1 & 2 , watch and listen to them, absorb it , then take the tests 85 each.

It will give you a gr8 background in networking that will help you understand what realy goes on in the back end of the network. Havign the Cisco specifics is a bonus

Rob

5. Thanks to twin--turbo from:

mac_shinobi (7th December 2012)

Thank Post
    I did my CCNA in 07, and have yet to work in a place where I've actually used it. Working at an ISP at the moment and still not using Cisco kit, I worked at the local college who had one Layer 3 Cisco switch and that was only to do a reload, So actual hardware wise even though I've done the CCNA Iv'e not got to touch a lot of kit, but the understanding and knowledge that was gained by doing the CCNA though is great, and being an ex Cisco student I can still login to the netacad and access my course materials.

If I had the choice nowadays I'd do Microsoft Certs and Linux Certs again and do Cisco later on, The course wasn't cheap and the exmas where 100 each.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Moving to Courses and Training forum.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,679 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    I did my CCNA in 07, and have yet to work in a place where I've actually used it. Working at an ISP at the moment and still not using Cisco kit, I worked at the local college who had one Layer 3 Cisco switch and that was only to do a reload, So actual hardware wise even though I've done the CCNA Iv'e not got to touch a lot of kit, but the understanding and knowledge that was gained by doing the CCNA though is great, and being an ex Cisco student I can still login to the netacad and access my course materials.

If I had the choice nowadays I'd do Microsoft Certs and Linux Certs again and do Cisco later on, The course wasn't cheap and the exmas where 100 each.
    I also did cisco certs and even though I have had more exposure to Cisco hardware in work I do agree that I have not used even a tiny amount. The thing is that it is still worth it as it gives you such an indepth look at networking itself that you can use it to identify and correct all sorts of issues that have nothing to do with Cisco as you actually understand it.

If I was doing certs again especially in this more 'platform agnostic' world I'd go with the CCNA first as it is the structure that everything is built on whether it's Windows, Apple, Cloud or phone. Most of it ties back to networking.

Thank Post
    I've just seen someone, on another forum i browse post this link, for what appears to be the same course but a lot cheaper:

Cisco Certified Course 96% Off

I dont have time to read it, but noticed course titles are the same... and its a 96% discount.

Hope it helps! And best of luck with it

Edit: Duhhh its just a voucher so should be good to use... as long as you buy the voucher within 2 days it seems.
    Last edited by adam_green; 31st August 2012 at 07:41 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Been offered again:

IT Course 96% Off

99 for access to the online course and I guess you can register somewhere local and take exams too.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    More a quick question, but I take it you realise that isn't a "real" training course. It's only online study? Proper CCNA courses are 2k+ normally. (Just for CCNA)

Steve
    6 Day Cisco CCNA Instructor Led Training Courses

Think it is about 500 or there abouts however its not a course you can just go on and expect to learn everything on the course, a list of pre requisites that you need to know about etc.

Quote Originally Posted by From Website
    6 Day CCNA Courses Packages

Standard Weekday Package: 6 Day CCNA Course + On-line HELP Access for just 495+vat

Pro Weekday Package: 6 Day CCNA Course + On-line HELP Access + Class Recordings for just 595+vat

Complete Weekday & Weekend Package: 6 Day CCNA Course + On-line HELP Access + Class Recordings + Weekly Live webinars for just 695+vat

http://www.commsupport.co.uk/03_faq.htm#03
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 7th December 2012 at 11:00 AM.

Thank Post
    Defiantly seems that way

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread