+ Post New Thread
Comments and Suggestions Thread, Non-educational jobs forum in EduGeek Stuff; Just thinking that now we are less educational geeks, rather, educating geeks we could do with a non-educational jobs forum. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,192 Posts

Non-educational jobs forum

Just thinking that now we are less educational geeks, rather, educating geeks we could do with a non-educational jobs forum.

I think it should be kept separate to the educational forum as the hard and fast members may still want to use that and stay in the sector, plus it's free for schools to advertise, however somewhere for people wanting out, or those visitors that find us via google, it would be good.

Plus we can have it locked down so only pre-approved posts can go up, and sufficient remuneration awarded to the coffers. Could also be a new stream of advertising traffic.

Unless we already have this in which case, ignore me, i'm not up to speed.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You? Not up to speed? Perish the thought
    Although at Bett I did only get two hugs which I did feel was NOT your usual speed, I must say

As for the forum - good idea if someone has the time to administer it

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Separating educational and non-educational jobs may be a good idea. The alternative is to rename the forum as "IT jobs". Personally I prefer the latter as I think most of us would be open to jobs in either side if we were after a change.

Locking down is very restrictive. People like me post up both educational and non-educational jobs we spot in the local paper or in our travels on the web simply because they might be of interest to another edugeek. Having to get yourself approved before posting jobs could end up creating more for those policing it than they actually need and put some people off advertising jobs in their school as it would 'blow their cover'.

Thank Post
    I don't think you need to have 2 different forums, not all of us in education want to stay in education and keeping them all together makes it for interesting reading sometimes

In terms of making it a source of revenue... it could work, you have a targetted userbase with key skills in IT... resourcers would love to post IT jobs here... I can think of 2 agencies that need to wise up, this would be a better place for them to start and likely cheaper than advertising on reed, totaljobs or the IT Job board.
    Last edited by dwhyte85; 31st January 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    You? Not up to speed? Perish the thought
    Although at Bett I did only get two hugs which I did feel was NOT your usual speed, I must say

As for the forum - good idea if someone has the time to administer it
    That's cos BOSSMAN had you all locked up

@elsiegee40 - It's already supposed to be locked down, and though you are a good example of how to use it, we get some posts that we aren't sure of, especially from new posters or people that may work for a company.

All the rules / stickies refer to it being for educational jobs, so i thought it would be easier to have a locked down jobs forum, and a slightly more open educational one.

As for administering, it's fairly easy for us to take on i reckon, given some extra powers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread