+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Comments and Suggestions Thread, LEA AREAs Within EDUGEEK in EduGeek Stuff; but doesn't that mean that you also have the shiny side in as well? it could fry your brain. trust ...

Thank Post

Re: LEA AREAs Within EDUGEEK

but doesn't that mean that you also have the shiny side in as well? it could fry your brain. trust me, I know.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax
    but doesn't that mean that you also have the shiny side in as well? it could fry your brain. trust me, I know.
    Unfortunate side effect... win some, lose some

Thank Post

I may be wrong but have we drifted away from the topic?

Thank Post

is there a possibility of drawing two threads together here? the LEA's seem to want their own area within edugeek. no doubt they'd sell themselves as would anyone offered a spot here. Edugeek are now offering free training seminars. how much easier/better would it be to get LEA recognition (they seem to be making overtures towards us) of these courses, and the funding to attend them?
    I've just re read the above, does it make sense? damn tin foil

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

we will of course work with an lea and any lea who wanted to run a course with us but catch is if it sst workshop then it needs to be open to anybody not just people from there lea.. as sst have to work with everybody to certain degree...

does that make sense but if leas want to work with us quite welcome to contact me or tony and we can sort something out

russ

Thank Post

There is no question - edugeek must remain independant in everything it does from the forum to the training sides of it. That's what makes it ideally placed to be the pivitol organisation that brings together ideas and suggestions not only to the tecchies on the ground but to all those involved in ICT within education.

Although we gripe about our LEA sometimes it has to be said that in some things they are well ahead of other LEAs, for example all schools in Birmingham have had access to a VLE for nearly 4 years. By giving LEAs a neutral ground to ask opinions and gain new ideas edugeek would be helping to reduce the LEA catchment lottery as far as ICT in schools is concered. It would also give us mere mortals an open forum to comment on plans that the LEA has or may have.

I'm not representing an LEA - the idea came up during a discussion about something totally unrelated. I thought I'd plant the first seed and see what the reaction was and maybe get others thinking about the idea further and make suggestions of their own.

I really don't know how far this could be taken, but a forum dedicated to interested parties (The LEA) could be a good place to start.

If there are any LEA reps out there - it would be interesting to hear your opinion too

PS Tin foil is hopeless - you need 2 inches of lead in a carbon fibre stealth helmet

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I agree with Alan. I don't want to see LEA's seperated on Edugeek. EG is a success and the knock on effect should be the creation of LEA equivellants and supplementary projects.

A great thing about EG is that it showcases the best and worst in the whole of the UK. There's a lot of great stuff going on and the coming together here sharing knowledge of that to me means that everyone gains. Some are very lucky and well provided for, but the rest can hit some sort of standard.

There's definately room in my opinion for LEA advisors to take a keener interest/ more active part here. If not I see thier function becoming more and more outmoded.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12