+ Post New Thread
Comments and Suggestions Thread, Disable - Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing in EduGeek Stuff; Under http://www.edugeek.net/profile.php?do=editoptions there is a setting Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing which is dodgey! I have not yet found ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,321 Posts
    Blog Entries

Disable - Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

Under
    http://www.edugeek.net/profile.php?do=editoptions

there is a setting Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

which is dodgey!

I have not yet found a browser that it works reliably under, Firefox, Chrome, IE7-10 all have various issues with it, many of them showstopping. Under IE 10 is won't allow an edit right after post as the js fryies itself, sometimes it stops the enter key from working in the editor.

Can we add something to switch away from this mode if a browser other than whatever obsure point revision it was designed for is detected.

For anyone else suffering from frustrating editor system just go into the page above and change to the old "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" which works without the additional frustration.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 842 Posts
    Blog Entries
    testing from ie10 with this post, no issues posting or loading so far and the console is clear as well besides a few warnings which should break anything (hit f12 to see the dev tools) but I do know the newer editor is larger then the old wysiwyg one. I mostly use Chrome stable and although there are a few glitches its generally never anything major but I will try the others again now. vBulletin 4.2.1 has quite a large batch of fixes so I will see if the editor engine is being patched. We are 1 version behind vBulletin currently because of the bugs in 4.2.0
    Just IE10 enter issue actually, hitting the first button on the toolbar fixed it but I will test ie9 engine and possibly lock us to that version for now.

I think rather then changing the default (unless the masses think its a good idea) I will add quick switch links to switch mode easier.

Edit: IE10 has issues... joy
    Edit 2: IE9 mode enabled which has allowed editing.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 24th August 2012 at 03:14 PM.

3. Thanks to ZeroHour from:

SYNACK (24th August 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,321 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cool, sounds good, it's not just 10 though, I have had one issue persist across all IE versions and Firefox (across multiple machines). If I do an inline reply then right after click edit it opens the editor but you can't get the save button to actually trigger. It just means you need to refresh the page before editing but if you are a bit clumsy with your typing like me it is a common use case.

The quick switch sounds like a good plan though as it took a bit of digging to 'fix' the pile of js that Vbulitin have extruded into our collective laps of late.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 24th August 2012 at 03:27 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread