+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Coding Thread, Conversion in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by Steve21 Will try to have a play around later, and see what I can do if you ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post

Will try to have a play around later, and see what I can do if you want

Steve
    That would be great - thanks. I was just thinking instead of having 2 registry files and a batch file etc and naming them home, work and then merging those to the registry it would be nice to have a centered form where you have a list box and upon selecting each of the proxies which are shown as a name then it will load the relevant proxy settings into two text fields to start with ie

Proxy_One
    Proxy_Two
    Proxy_Three

If you select Proxy_One it then loads the server / ip address into text field one and the port into text field two which you can adjust / change and click save. Not sure on the best method of saving the proxy settings ie to an ini file / text file or to the registry and if to the registry then where abouts in the registry ?

I was hoping to add the options for :

* Manually setting a proxy
    * Using a pac file
    * Being able to use authentication on a proxy server etc

and possibly some other things but I just wanted the basic manual proxy setting and it being able to save / edit the proxy settings and being able to re call the settings that were last saved

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,938 Posts
    You might also be interested in @painejake's Proxy Switch program. It is written in C# and the source code is available here.

Btw, do you still use Advanced Proxy Manager? I assume you want to create something similar?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    You might also be interested in @painejake 's Proxy Switch program. It is written in C# and the source code is available here.

Btw, do you still use Advanced Proxy Manager? I assume you want to create something similar?
    Not yet - although that does look good ( Advanced Proxy Manager ), will look at Proxy Switch in a bit

Would be nice to make something and go through the code to see what it does etc

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,938 Posts
    APM is also written in C# and the source is browsable online here. Only reason I thought I would mention it was due to this EduGeek thread from 2007.

5. Thanks to Arthur from:

mac_shinobi (23rd December 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    That would be great - thanks. I was just thinking instead of having 2 registry files and a batch file etc and naming them home, work and then merging those to the registry it would be nice to have a centered form where you have a list box and upon selecting each of the proxies which are shown as a name then it will load the relevant proxy settings into two text fields to start with ie

It's only an "extremely" rough version, to see if I understood what you mean, but something like my attached exe? (Note, Not much error checking etc, and only tested it on IE)

TestProxyChanger.zip

Basically it loads a set of proxies from registry (and the one you have currently set in IE), you can type whatever you want it, Hit load and it'll set IE + Change without reload.

Not done any saving back to reg yet etc, just wanted to see if that was what you meant.

Thanks,
    Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12